Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2231

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

- CUAudio catalog fallback to NetSearchAudio automatically

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 9:33 am
k1rap00ControlleristMember since 2010
I''m on the new build (2231), when I search audio in Content Unlimited a list returns of only purple icons. Why am I not getting list of songs with red icon? Thx

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 11:30 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Because the CU audio service has been suspended.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 11:34 am
we're working to get them back as fast as we can

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 2:12 pm
i'm still having same problem with every new build ,the tracks in the virtual folders are disappeared when i come to open, i have to go back to previous build 2191to see the tracks ,i have vdj8 mac version,till now no one is answering me

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 8:51 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hi, i'm also on Mac and can't reproduce the problem you wrote.
Is there a chance you can create a screen record with quicktime and upload it on youtube to share with us?

Start with your working version and then with the actual build.

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 10:57 am
i am unable to use netsearch on either ver 7.0 or 8.0? this started last week. i know they are having some issues, but I thought that only affected 4800 songs?

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 11:03 am
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
It’s the weirdest thing. I updated to the build 2231 and my version of VDJ8 locked up. Since then, I have not been able to go into Audio settings and click the “Verify” setting button without the program locking up every single time.

As you can see in the attached video, without my Denon controller attached, VDJ8 is informing me that there is no soundcard. I go ahead and open the program and everything works as it should just using the keyboard.

However, if I go into settings—Audio and click on anything then Verify, the program locks up and I have to force close.

Things I’ve tried:

Gone into settings to see removing the MC6000 from the sound card list
Hooked up a different controller to see if that might clear a “Cache” somewhere (MC2000 & Mixtrak Edge)
Tried making the change in audio settings while controller still attached
Changed my skin back to the default skin
Rolled back my build to a previous build
Reinstalled the latest build and downloaded directly from website.
Tried doing a Factory Restore (For some reason, cannot factory Restore. Clicking Factory Restore locks up Proggie too)

None of the above experiments worked.

As long as I don’t try to manually change the audio settings, VDJ works as normal. I did a 3 hour event on Sunday night without a hitch (Backups in tow of course).

When I hooked up the other controllers, I could hook, unhook the controller and just use the keyboard as long as I left the audio setting to Master & Headphones. If I attempted to Click on Speaker only, WHAMO!!! Lockup.

Oye ve!!

Any thoughts. See video below --->

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2YygUTHi6g

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 4:02 pm
@ProfLee

you could try and make a backup copy of settings.xml then delete it from vdj folder then start the program maybe the file has been corrupted reinstalling and updating doesn't over write this file.

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 4:12 pm
wickedmix wrote :
@ProfLee

you could try and make a backup copy of settings.xml then delete it from vdj folder then start the program maybe the file has been corrupted reinstalling and updating doesn't over write this file.

K, will try that. Thanks for the input.

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 5:46 pm
To Wickedmix-

BINGO!!

That was it. As you suggested, I saved a copy of the settings.xml, restarted VDJ and everything back to normal.

Needed to reconfigure a few settings and and other minor things but I am a happy camper now.

I owe you one...

ProfLee wrote :
wickedmix wrote :
@ProfLee

K, will try that. Thanks for the input.

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 8:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you still have the problematic settings.xml ?
It would be useful for us to find the cause of your problem.

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 11:45 pm
See above-

Somehow my settings.xml got corrupted. But it wasn't the build 2231 that corrupted it because I was getting the error message way before this. It's just that after installing the build 2231, I started having a specific problem. Turns out, my settings.xlm was corrupted. Don't know when it started but by deleting it and restarting the program, all is fixed.

Adion wrote :
Do you still have the problematic settings.xml ?
It would be useful for us to find the cause of your problem.

Posted Tue 05 May 15 @ 9:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)