Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: No Video Output VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am running VDJ 8.00 build 2179.959. I currently cannot get it to ouptput video to an external source. I click on the screen and it shows that it is on VDJ, but does not show up on my external screens. It does still work with VDJ 7 - so it is not my screens. This used to work...not sure why it is acting up. I can't find a setting in VDJ 8 options to change it. Anyone have a guess?

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 8:21 pm
Well....I am finding that VDJ 8s video output is very sporadic. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I never had this problem before and it works with VDJ 7. I just don't get it - seems like there has got to be a setting somewhere??

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 6:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Any chance the Deck's Volume faders are in a low position ? If you dont want the Volume faders to fade Video Output, try to set VideoVolumeLink setting to No.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 4:40 pm
Same here, and I'm using a MacBook, it worked once, and now it won't work again. Frustrating.

Posted Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 7:13 pm
Hi all

Reading this post worries me still about VDJ8 and playing videos. I am still using VDJ7 every weekend because the clubs that I DJ want me to play videos. I would love to be able to use VDJ8 but reading today is not a good sign. I guess it's better for me to stay with VDJ7? Can anybody share their good experiences with playing videos with VDJ8?

thanks in advance.

Posted Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 7:38 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Never had any issues running videos with VDJ.
Just give it a try at home and if you experience any problems, just come back and we can try to elaborate what is going wrong.

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 4:49 am
karvizuPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Playing videos worked for me for a week, and then stopped working as well.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 11:27 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
alamakluke wrote :
Hi all

Reading this post worries me still about VDJ8 and playing videos. I am still using VDJ7 every weekend because the clubs that I DJ want me to play videos. I would love to be able to use VDJ8 but reading today is not a good sign. I guess it's better for me to stay with VDJ7? Can anybody share their good experiences with playing videos with VDJ8?

thanks in advance.

You'll need to also be ready when not playing a music video file in v8 both of the deck preview monitors go blank as well and only your master output window will work, this has got to be the only software on the whole dj software music scene that deliberately does this, plus forget about anything from your sample bank when there is not a music video in either deck.

You could use slideshow I know that guys, but come on, is that really a professional choice.

This is why it looks like others and myself who waited years for the V8 video sampler will never get to use it out on gigs, what a damn disappointment.

I'm not sticking with V7... I'm forced to use it, it's my only option.

Posted Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 8:14 am
Same here. Worked great a couple weeks ago. Ran it literally all day as a test on my new laptop. Went to run karaoke last weekend and NOTHING. Had to use VDJ 7 on my backup computer to get it to work. Thinking the Windows 10 update that just got released has something to do with it?

Posted Fri 22 Dec 17 @ 8:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)