Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: AM Editor, playlist specific instead of global please.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,
Ok, so the AM Editor is an awsome thing, but AFAIK if I use it to mix 2 songs the same 2 songs will always be mixed the same way, even when placed into another playlist.
Would it be possible to add the option of global/playlist related into the editor please ?
That would be even more awsome.
Thx and best wishes.
ray

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 5:07 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Why would you want to have another style of AM for 2 same tracks in different playlists?

In theory it is possible (but not with the current db structure), and that would cause a huge bunch of additional POIs in the database.
It would be:

n playlists = n*2 additional POIs.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 6:56 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Make a copy of one of tracks?

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 7:49 am
@Pach, as to why ... b'cos sometimes I use AM in remove intro outro mode and sometimes(for my Zumba and dance classes) I use it in remove silence mode. The problem is that the changes made within the AM editor override all other options, or maybe I'm just missin somethin(as usual:-).
@Loco, it's not just about one or two tracks, some of my playlists are quite long, and not always the same style.

I just wanted to be able to prepare a mix in the AM editor without the changes being so permanent and was hoping that it would be possible for it only to be applied for that saved playlist.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 8:01 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ah ok, now I get you.

So once you made changes with the Automix editor, VDJ will only use your custom transition and never again the default intro/ outro, smart mixing mode or whatever you have selected as AM mode type?

If that is correct, I think it's a bug.

It should still be possible to choose one of the default modes because the database still has the POIs to do so.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 9:02 am
Thanks Pach, yup, that's what I mean, except I havn't tested it in Smart mode 'cos I never use it.
And it's this behavior that prevents me from usin the AM editor to it's full potential!

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 9:35 am
ok, now I tested in Smart mode and it does it in there as well.
I don't think that it's a bug, otherwise I would have posted it in the bug forum, I think that it was designed to be so. I just wanted to ask if it would be possible to have an option for it to act differently.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 11:45 am
Bump ;-)

Posted Mon 27 Apr 20 @ 11:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)