Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2162 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

-browsed_file_color action to get or set the color of the track selected in the browser
-Automix list scrolls when current song is not visible in list
-Fix seeking in some videos that can only decode from start
-Added support for mask to skin cover
-resize text using param_cast 'text' x
-set action returns value so it can be used on custom slider
-sideview_title action added
-fix audio only visualisation being unloaded when trying to deactivate it
-fix screen blackout when using some combination of video effects together

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 3:02 am
:-)

Just trying out browsed_file_color here, I noticed that if you set a colour on a track, the colour rules in the skin <browser> code are ignored.

For example, if I have set my browser colours with a light coloured focus= bar, then I would use focustext= in the <browser> code <colors> to set a contrasting colour for the text when it's focused - so that it can be seen.

This no longer works after using browsed_file_color. The focused track does not change to the focustext= colour.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 4:15 am
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Thank you very much for the:
-fix screen blackout when using some combination of video effects together

There is still one problem when using Title and Text plugin on master.
If you enable first the Title plugin and then the Text you get black screen, if you enable first the Text and the the Title, the text shows on the screen while the title is also on the screen, when the timer from title goes off and must go away, you get again a black screen...

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 4:31 am
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
When the Title plugin is enabled in the decks directly then there is no problem with black screens

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 5:13 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
sclavel wrote :

Oh ^^ Thank you so much.

I guess we can now get rid of that complicated mask-button to have a nice rotating cover. Should help a lot !

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 6:42 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Not so much a "problem" but the last 2 betas have, on the first click on "Do you want to install? Yes" VDJ just closed, on 2nd boot it behaved as normal.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 9:02 am
Fruit wrote :
sclavel wrote :

Oh ^^ Thank you so much.

I guess we can now get rid of that complicated mask-button to have a nice rotating cover. Should help a lot !

You Tell em FRUiT :)

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 9:16 am
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I agree....when master set to milkdrop (audio only) and I click title it works fine until the title disappears then the screen goes black. As soon as I turn off title the visualizations return.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 8:14 pm
Something strange happening with Fruit skin, white part gets larger the more the track goes on. Just started this build. Right deck only.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 4:14 pm
It's got to be linked to that mask update - but strange how it's only the right deck.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 4:19 pm
Yeah, that's what I thought. Gonna revert back to the previous build when the band come on at 11 :)

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 4:48 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Problem found and will be fixed in next build.

Posted Sat 28 Feb 15 @ 11:38 am
Any news on the usb video dongle fix?

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 12:34 pm
A suggestion to enhance this new track colouring feature a little bit more:

Rather than just setting the colour of a highlighted track, can you also add the ability to change a track colour based on the historyDelay, so that played tracks can be displayed in a different colour? If an icon can be changed after X time, why not track colour?

Of course, because this is merely an indication that a track has been played, it would need to reset after a configurable time. Some DJs might want to have tracks marked as played for the current session. Others might want them marked for 24hrs or a week etc.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/193990/General_Discussion/Played_tracks_highlighted.html

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 2:32 pm
Groovin what you ask has been on the wishes forum since 2008! :P

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 2:53 pm
Well there you go - isn't it time you listened to users requests and implemented features they've been longing for? :-)

New features are being added to VDJ 8, even though we've been told it's "bug fixes first". Why not add one more?

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 3:03 pm
Wouldn't this have more of an impact, if discussed in the wishes forum, where it belongs? It really is not that important to ALL users. If I can't remember what I've played, it's time to move on. It's not like we don't have a played icon.

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 4:16 pm
As George has just said, it's been a wish for years. Didn't have much of an impact, did it?

As this is where the devs post, I thought was worth mentioning.

With the recent addition of the action for colouring highlighted tracks, it's like the job's half done already.

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 4:25 pm
Groovin, nobody said the opposite. And the devs do listen and read the wishes forum as well.
It's just that it's not a regression bug to be discussed here :)
And yes, among bug fixes we keep adding new functionality. I don't know the priorities of the dev team, nor I would be able to discuss them if I knew. But it has been brought to the attention of the team among many other things :)
Oooooh. And by the way it was me who suggested that (a color that fades out after a user adjustable time interval) back in 2008! :) That's why I remember it.

PS: Don't get everything I post in a negative way ;)

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 5:11 pm
I seem to be havin trouble changing the tag info, or renaming a file/folder from within VDJ. It doesn't seem to remember the changes.
I have setTagsAuto = yes

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 4:04 am
54%