Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2157 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

-Fix song getting removed twice in Automix when remove played is active
-Fix effects not applied correctly when sampler apply deck effects active
-Fix metronome staying active in prelisten after closing bpm editor

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 1:17 pm
good work on the auto remove played bug, seems to be working properly.
but ...
Batch analyze and Re-analyze are putting the AM poi's in the wrong order still/again, fade exit is being placed behind full exit.
keep up the good work guys :-)

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 2:40 pm
-Sampler option added to apply deck effects to sampler output

if this option is selected, its not possible to start v8 again.
delete and reinstall v8 does not solve the problem.
using macbook pro 15" 16gb ram, 1tb late 2013 os x 10.10.2

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 6:44 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
raypitman wrote :
good work on the auto remove played bug, seems to be working properly.
but ...
Batch analyze and Re-analyze are putting the AM poi's in the wrong order still/again, fade exit is being placed behind full exit.
keep up the good work guys :-)

I tried, but I wasn't able to reproduce

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 12:14 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@alexnin make a copy of settings and delete the original settings, then try again.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 3:50 am
locodog wrote :
@alexnin make a copy of settings and delete the original settings, then try again.

thx!

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 3:51 am
@ Adion
if you could go to the files that I sent you last time(if you still have them on your system?) open the poi editor for track 7 and then Re-analize.
it moved the position of the Mix 'fade' Exit poi to after the end of the song. It's no big deal, just a little confusing.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 10:46 am
@adion,

Can you please PM me your email address, I have a couple of files I need you to look at.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 11:56 am
locodog wrote :

hey locodog,
copy the settings file and delete the original doesn't solve the problem. any other idea?

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 2:45 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 2:58 pm
He's on a Mac!

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 3:02 pm
i found a way:
deleted this tag from the settings file: <samplerApplyEffectsOnDeckOutput>yes</samplerApplyEffectsOnDeckOutput>

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 3:03 pm
And now if you put that line back, VDJ 8 won't run?

(if that line was the cause, then deleting your entire settings.xml should have worked too)

VDJ 8 runs fine here (PC) with that line in settings.xml so maybe it's only a Mac issue - or there's something specific about your setup that is causing a problem.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 4:36 pm
groovindj wrote :
And now if you put that line back, VDJ 8 won't run?
yes, its not possible to run v8 with this line inside the settings file.

(if that line was the cause, then deleting your entire settings.xml should have worked too)
thats right, but it takes lots of time to set all settings again and again.
thatswhy i only delete this line.

VDJ 8 runs fine here (PC) with that line in settings.xml so maybe it's only a Mac issue - or there's something specific about your setup that is causing a problem.

is nice to know, that all pc users dont have that problem :)

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 4:50 pm
alexnin wrote :

I was referring to what you said earlier - that deleting settings.xml did not solve it. If the line is the cause, then deleting settings.xml should have worked.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 5:09 pm
groovindj wrote :
alexnin wrote :

I was referring to what you said earlier - that deleting settings.xml did not solve it. If the line is the cause, then deleting settings.xml should have worked.

activating the sampler deck effect writes that lint into the settings file.
if i do not deactivate the sampler deck effect before closing v8, its not possible to run v8 again.
deleting this line makes it possible to run v8

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 5:18 pm
Yes I know that.

Here's the confusion:

If you had deleted settings.xml entirely then VDJ 8 should have run, because the line would not have been present.

You said VDJ 8 did not run after you deleted the XML file. That's what I don't understand.

alexnin wrote :
deleting this line makes it possible to run v8

So logically, deleting the entire XML file should also make it possible to run v8.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 5:55 pm
every time i use the sampler deck effect, it writes this line into the settings file. after closing v8 if this line is written in the settings file, v8 dont run again.
deleting the settings file one time doesnt solve the problem, cause this line comes back every time i use the sampler deck effect.
so there seams to be a problem with this commend line:
<samplerApplyEffectsOnDeckOutput>yes</samplerApplyEffectsOnDeckOutput>

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 1:26 am
raypitman wrote :
@ Adion
if you could go to the files that I sent you last time(if you still have them on your system?) open the poi editor for track 7 and then Re-analize.
it moved the position of the Mix 'fade' Exit poi to after the end of the song. It's no big deal, just a little confusing.

Ah yes, these files are 88kHz which is a bit uncommon, but seemed to cause some problems calculating the fade in/out points.
The fade point should still have been at the end of the file though. (At most a few samples after the end due to rounding possibly)
Will be fixed next build.

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 2:00 am
alexnin wrote :
every time i use the sampler deck effect, it writes this line into the settings file. after closing v8 if this line is written in the settings file, v8 dont run again.
deleting the settings file one time doesnt solve the problem, cause this line comes back every time i use the sampler deck effect.
so there seams to be a problem with this commend line:
<samplerApplyEffectsOnDeckOutput>yes</samplerApplyEffectsOnDeckOutput>

Couldn't replicate this on pc or mac, not sure what else could affect this.

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 2:01 am
80%