Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: #SilverSleek2 - Page: 11

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

In order to add your logo on the jogs you need to edit the skin's graphics
In other words you need to extract the PNG file from the zip, open it with a phot editor, paste your graphics on the area that says "Your logo here", save the file and zip it back

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 12:28 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
So far, so good on the skin. No major issues, however the drop menus for effects, etc. still need some adjustment. (The effects still fire at times when clicking the down arrow.)

Posted Thu 14 May 15 @ 10:17 pm
Build 13 is up...

2015-05-21 Version 2.13:
Fixed bug when forcing Hotcues 9-16
Added second browser "Command Bar" toolbox alongside the custom buttons toolbox. The "search" actions require software build 2276 or greater.

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 1:10 am
How to use the new search actions on "Commands" toolbox (requires build 2276 or greater):

1: Select a track on browser
2: Click one of the search buttons (on our example "Search Artist")
3: All tracks from the same artist are shown! :)

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 1:22 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nice touch, I didn't think about using the new actions from a skin, I initially thought "that seems like more typing" but from a skin button it makes perfect sense now.

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 1:39 am
Skins, keyboard, or controllers, it can make searching much more efficient.
For instance on this skin you can edit one of the custom buttons to search for the same genre, or the same key, or the same genre, e.t.c....

Just with one keypress:
search "`get_browsed_song 'genre'`"

The command toolbox has spare custom keys because you can also use it to add search for the tracks loaded on decks:

search "`deck 1 get_artist`"
or
search "`deck left get_artist`"

I didn't want to clutter up the commandbox since every user may need different actions there.
For instance as you can see the first buttons on my own system navigate to specific folders ;)

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 1:52 am
...Phantom news for Numark NS7II?
Thanks.....

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 1:55 am
And locodog since you love long and complex strings, here's one for you:

search "`get_browsed_song 'bpm' & param_cast 'integer' & param_add -1`-`get_browsed_song 'bpm' & param_cast 'integer' & param_add +1`"

If you use it on a custom button it will search for all songs within 2 BPM range (-1/+1) from the selected track.
Of course you can tweak the range according to your needs :)

PS:
search "`get_browsed_song 'bpm'`" will search within 1 BPM range (-0.5/+0.5 BPM)

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 2:07 am
frankidm wrote :
...Phantom news for Numark NS7II?
Thanks.....

Most likely after the weekend among with a few more extras! ;)

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 2:07 am
EXCELLENT!!

That search trick is badass!!

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 9:12 am
The custom buttons on the new Command Toolbox worked great on the Mac version.

I've just switched to the PC version and they don't work. They are clearing the screen and placing the command visible in the search box. After clearing the search box the browser list re-appears. I've tried Artist and Title buttons with the same effect. I've tried shutting down the program and restarting with no difference

Just tried editing the buttons and the editor will not appear for all the buttons programmed. I can edit the empty buttons.

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 5:41 pm
Your PC version isn't up to date then, check that it is and it'll work. 👌

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 5:55 pm
Do you mean the skin version build 13?

or do you mean VirtualDJ build?
on the PC it's the Public Build 2065
on the Mac side it's the latest Beta build 2076.

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 6:14 pm
DJSoulman wrote :
The custom buttons on the new Command Toolbox worked great on the Mac version.

I've just switched to the PC version and they don't work. They are clearing the screen and placing the command visible in the search box. After clearing the search box the browser list re-appears. I've tried Artist and Title buttons with the same effect. I've tried shutting down the program and restarting with no difference

beatbreaker1 wrote :
Your PC version isn't up to date then, check that it is and it'll work.

As beatbraker said, you need to update your PC version to build 2276 which currently is a beta.
Please check your PC version settings and set the "getbetabuilds" setting to "yes"
Restart VirtualDj, wait a minute or two, and a pop-up window will appear asking you if you want to update.
Answer yes, and enjoy!

DJSoulman wrote :
Just tried editing the buttons and the editor will not appear for all the buttons programmed. I can edit the empty buttons.

That's because these buttons are standard pre-programmed buttons. The "blank" buttons are custom buttons that you can use to put in any command(s) you may wish!

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 6:19 pm
Yeh, guessed that after checking on the Beta's updates.
I prefer to use Public builds on the PC side as I DJ weddings every weekend with the PC version.
I use the Beta versions on the Mac side as a test ground (it's a bootcamped MBP 15" i7).
Oh well, will just wait til 2076 is Public.
Cheers
Les

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 6:31 pm
Very nice!
Lovin the PL buttons & the Full mixer. I have a question to the beat keeper, I would prefer one like on the std skin, maybe as on option instead of the Phase Beatkeeper now, but in the same place ... that would be super groovy.
best wishes
ray
edit...I' m lovin all those new buttons!

Posted Fri 22 May 15 @ 3:45 am
on my Macbook it does´t work ;-(

Posted Fri 22 May 15 @ 3:49 pm
This (new search option) is interesting stuff. Being able to link like that is something I've always liked in the Traktor browser.

Posted Fri 22 May 15 @ 4:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sven DeKay wrote :
on my Macbook it does´t work ;-(

should work. Make sure your Mac runs the latest beta build

Posted Sat 23 May 15 @ 2:47 am
Is there a way to restrict this new searching method to only work on the previous results (i.e. to narrow the search down) rather than the whole DB every time?

So for example you've searched "elvis presley" and got all his tracks as a result. Now you want to search the results for tracks which are 100 BPM - not find every artist with a 100 BPM track in your whole library.

Posted Sat 23 May 15 @ 3:19 am
42%