Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2094

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

-Updater relaunches virtualdj with user permissions instead of administrator (should fix drag&drop after update)
-Change log can now be scrolled through, instead of creating a dialog too big to fit the screen
-Fix midi touchstrip object
-Fix some midi objects not updated with refresh_controller
-Revert plugin actions working on 'master' instead of 'active' deck
-Fix aiff tag title/artist not stored when loaded through Reload tags
-Fix for midi sysex text
-Fix for midi touchstrip object

Posted Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 10:57 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
sclavel wrote :
-Fix aiff tag title/artist not stored when loaded through Reload tags

It is still not saving the information. By the looks of the description, I tried to remove and add back my AIFF files because it looked like "Reload tags" was this issue. However, re adding them also did not pick up the tag information for Artist and Song name. So to me it looks like the issue is that VDJ is still defaulting to file name for Artist and Song name.

But once I Reload tags and wait to close for 5 min (in case VDJ is still writing). When I reopen VDJ that re scanned information is again lost.

Edit, I also deleted my DB and re added everything. VDJ did not read the tag for Artist and Song Name.

Posted Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 3:51 pm
sclavel wrote :
-Updater relaunches virtualdj with user permissions instead of administrator (should fix drag&drop after update)

Not sure if this is related to Sidelist / Automix reset sort order bug, but that still seems to reset itself.

Posted Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 4:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you send me one of your aiff files?
The ones I have here read the title/artist just fine, and this info stays even when restarting vdj or using reload tags.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 1:18 am
Sure, pretty sure I still have your email, will have to wait till after work though. Sorry for the delay

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 6:30 am
i can not Install on Pc and Mac

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 8:31 am
Details please...

How are you installing? Auto update? What happens?

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 9:02 am
proartPRO InfinityMember since 2008
On Windows 8 (and possible on Win 7) installation is only possible with administrator rights. After installation windows users have no read/execution rights granted. Please Devs fix this install bug quickly.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 10:23 am
proart wrote :
On Windows 8 (and possible on Win 7) installation is only possible with administrator rights. After installation windows users have no read/execution rights granted. Please Devs fix this install bug quickly.

1. This is not a regression bug, since this was always the case
2. Administrator rights are required to write in the program files folder, and thus it is required to install software. Although it is possible to install software in a user folder, this also means that the executable could be modified by programs with only user rights as well, thus making it easier for malware to modify the executable.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 10:37 am
@adion
i agree with you, but in this case after installation as a non privileged user you couldn't run virtualdj because you have no rights to read and to execute it.

i'm working for over 20 years as sys-admin. for normal working i'm always logged in as a normal user on windows systems for security reasons.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 10:59 am
If you install it as a user, you should get a UAC prompt to grant the installer administrator rights.
After that of course you can run the program as user without administrator privileges.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 11:05 am
sorry adion, this is was happend to me:
After the message there is a new version i started the update as a normal user. The uac-prompt was not shown while updating to version 2.094. The install routine hangs. After pressing crtl-alt-del i logged off. Now log on as an administrator. Start VDJ. After the pop-up to log to log in with an VDJ-account the new update was automatically downloaded. The message message there is a new version pops up and i started the update. As a an administator VDJ starts well. No Problems. Now logging off and logging on as a normal user. Starting VDJ quits with a system message that i have not the privilege to start the program. Now log on as an administrator again. Start windows explorer. Open program files (x86)\VirtualDJ. Right click on on virtualdj8.exe. Open properties security tab. There is no entry for users - only for administrators rights are granted. Grant rights read and execute for users manually.
And now every thing is ok and you can run VDJ as a normal user.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 9:54 pm
Mouse wheel after a few hours of use, is disabled.
to toggle sound loops, songs derrepente are ahead of place.

Posted Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 11:42 am
DHoude wrote :

It is still not saving the information. By the looks of the description, I tried to remove and add back my AIFF files because it looked like "Reload tags" was this issue. However, re adding them also did not pick up the tag information for Artist and Song name. So to me it looks like the issue is that VDJ is still defaulting to file name for Artist and Song name.

@DHoude
isnĀ“t that the same ? Issue that still persists ?

Posted Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 1:42 pm
I See what you are trying to prove, but there were fixes for AIFF in this build that did not fix anything initially. But we took it off the thread and worked on the issue.

Edit - Plus I started off respectful. For staff to react like that...

Posted Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 5:02 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
DHoude,

I agree. I've cleaned up the thread (hopefully no offense to anyone whole post I have removed) and will let the staff member concerned know.

Scott

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 2:06 pm
THIS IS FOR TIMECODE VINYL

I just did a new years party using CDJ TIMECODE with serato CD timecode this is the first time i use CD timecode and it works better than TIMECODE VINYL something is wrong with TIMECODE VINYL with timecode vinyl when scratching they is performance issue and i am using for needle m44-7 shure my wiring is new the timecode vinyl single is good but when i scratch there is some glitches it like i lose the timecode single and it come back and then i look on audioconfig for timecode my single is fine and i scratch looking at the single the scratch sound get a glitch when scratching it does not do this at all with CD TIMECODE and with CD TIMECODE ON THE software THE button to turn on and off TIMECODE work fine with CD TIMECODE not WITH TIMECODE VINYL.can u plese help with this issue it been like this for 2 month now AND I AM ON THE LATEST BUILD TO .SO dev team CAN WE PLEASE look at this issue i am a battle dj to and i can not get my routine wright because a get some performance and glitches issue when i practice.THANK u very much.

Posted Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 10:29 pm
I initially posted this on the regression bug page as it is a new bug for me using VDJ contented unlimited and VDJ software but it got moved with this message below from the Mod. That leaves my question still open . I will Cancelling content unlimited again as it appears it can' be trusted to download and play the song whilst doing a live gig.

Please either post as a regression bug in the correct topic or as a new bug.
If this is a new bug that has been introduced in the latest build, then by all means post it in the regression thread.

Resigned up for Audio content unlimited just in case I needed any tracks. The last 30 minutes of Playtime New years eve I asked for one track that I didn't have so downloaded it to play 15 minutes towards the end of the Gig as it was requested by friends of a lady who is fighting Cancer. Selected it to play and my VDJ froze. I am using latest VDJ Beta.

Posted Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 11:33 pm
Hi Chris,

What track was it? Also had you downloaded it first then tried playing it or was it streaming?
What type of connection where you using? Wifi, LAN, 3G, 4G?

I will be surprised if this is a regression bug in the software - but we'll leave this here for now, just in case.

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 4:56 am
DJC4
Audio bleed from master to output when when volume faders are at zero and master output is at zero when cueing a track.
this also occurs with bleeding onto master deck during cueing when cue deck channel fader 0, master out at max and master output deck channel fader at max.

this occurs after 4 hours into gig.
needed to restart twice and opt for for NI Audio2 Soundcard to resolve this.
as a result i had to hand over my set to next DJ early.

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 3:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)