Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: POI project, Please submit ideas.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've got two apps (working) One adds custom buttons 101-200 to settings.xml, the other adds many Action POI to every track in a database.xml

The idea is the heavy scripting is hidden and the user sets a few custom buttons (between 1 and 6 depending on the complication level of the Action POI) to determine how long the action poi takes effect, how soon it happens, and some other stuff, (slider sweeps, and a clean up option)
The user sets the POI to right now and the magic happens.

The POI will be in sets of complication, the first 40 (or so) will be really simple (they only need 1 custom button) the next 40 will need 2 customs etc, building up to really complex stuff but all the use has to do is select a few custom buttons, so hopefully there'll be something for everyone and progression is quite simple.

So, I only use V8 in a limited way, (I've no interest in video but want to include stuff for it) so I'm asking, what basic stuff should I include? (karaoke and automix excluded)
(I've plenty of thoughts myself, but go ahead)

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 7:39 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Nice one !
Will think about the video for awhile..

Posted Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 12:54 am
This really is hard, lol! I mean there's a lot I'd like to see but can't think of any if that makes sense........

Posted Sun 21 Dec 14 @ 12:21 pm
The first brush stroke on a blank canvas is tricky.

Here's one I'm not sure about, Video transitions that switch after a few beats, I can do it but I don't use video so I don't know if it would be useful.

Posted Sun 21 Dec 14 @ 2:25 pm
Well for transitions I only ever use 1 and that's luma key.

I'd use more if they were as good as Mix Emergencys but there not plus we have no way of making them look smooth again like Mix Emergency..........

And I'm not saying it's not a great idea but for me personally I wouldn't have a use for it.

Posted Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 9:09 am
OK update time, I've figured out, when, duration, and the first 6 types of linear slider sweeps (up, down, up+reset, down+reset, up+down+reset, down+up+reset)
I think I'll have a double time for the last 2, and I'm thinking about pulse high to low & low to high.

If you could have any type of automated slider sweep what would you choose?
*pondering* I think I can do a sine wave 1.414,

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 5:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)