Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Amx controller problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi.i have a problem with the akai controller.the fader on the software stays up whilst i pull down the fader on the controller.i dont have this problem with serato ,just vdj..any suggestions to remedy this issue would be helpful..thanks

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 12:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When you move the fader on the AKAI AMX, do you see the "ghost" fader on the screen ? Does the fader controls the software one if you reach the very top ?
Can you check on which decks is the AKAI AMX assigned to in Controllers tab ?
What other controllers do you have connected at the same time ?

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 1:32 pm
djdad wrote :
When you move the fader on the AKAI AMX, do you see the "ghost" fader on the screen ? Does the fader controls the software one if you reach the very top ?
Can you check on which decks is the AKAI AMX assigned to in Controllers tab ?
What other controllers do you have connected at the same time ?

not sure what you mean by the ghost fader..the software fader stays at the top .even though i have pulled the fader on the controller down.hence that chanel is still outputting volume into the recording when it should be silent.deck is set to automatic left and right,if hats what you mean?no other controllers..thanks

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 2:03 pm
ok .yeah the ghost fader moves to the top..the problem is on both chanels..but if i pull up the controller fader to the top and bring it down again it works again as normal

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 2:59 pm
On launch the AMX will report the position of all sliders and knobs to the software and all mixer elements of the software like Volume, EQ, Gains etc will match the ones of the controller.
I suppose if you put for example the crossfader at the far left side, the Gain at 0%, the MId EQ at 100% etc, once you launch VirtualDJ8, you see the relative knobs on the screen getting the same position as the controller, right ?
Is it only an issue for the Volume Faders or all of them and all channels ?

What happens if you assign the AMX to decks 1,2 (instead of Left-Right) and re-launch ?

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 3:14 pm
i've changed the settings to instant from pick up in controller tab..ghost fader has gone,and its working as normal now.quite why it wouldnt work in pick up i dont know.i will see over the next few days if the problem comes back..i will look into your other suggestions.thanks

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 3:28 pm
Well the problem has returned..all other functions work properly.its just the downfaders.i have tried all over variations in controller tab,to no avail.the only difference now is.there is no ghost fader but when you touch the fader on the controller the software fader jumps back to the top.then cuts out the sound...not the best 83 pound i have ever spent..as i said ealier works flawlessly in serato.but do prefer to use virtual dj

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 9:02 am
sorry to hear that. It works well here (faders of the software get the position of the hardware ones on launch)

- Is this the only controller you are using when this happens ? If not, which one do you use ?

- Have you tried to delete the settings.xml (from /Documents/VirtualDJ folder) and try again ?

- Windows or Mac ?

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 4:24 am
Deleted the settings..no joy still got the same issue..just doen't work..not using any other controller..i'm windows 8...ive had it mapped to traktor now not one issue all day...oh well that was a waste of 83 pound

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 8:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)