Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: pop up text box

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i want to be able to have a button (possibly custom button) to call up a text bow with "comment" but at a particular part of the screen.
(i have a bit of screen space and i play the occasional megamix. within most of the comments for these mixes ive put track listings in comment)

Im wondering if i have to create skin code for a hidden panel or can i do it with a custom button??

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 7:55 pm
ok so i have this code:
<textzone align="top">
<pos x="20" y="30"/>
<size width="300" height="800"/>
<text size="20" format="'`get_browsed_comment`"/>
</textzone>
it will show comment in a long tall box, the info is separated by a hard-return (shift+enter) and appears on separate lines as expected, however, the text is vertically centered in the box. so it works great for a Grandmaster CD listing but not so good for one that has just a few lines as i'd like this to show always from the top.
can i align from the top or make the box smaller height and have it scroll vertically??

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 4:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
hmm there is no vertical align for textzones as far as i can recall.
In VirtualDJ 7, if the height was e.g. 100pixels, the text was starting from pixel 0.
In VirtualDJ 8, the text is always centered so a single line with size 10 will show almost in pixel 50 (if the height is 100).
You could try add dy="0" or dy="-100" or something like that. Its the only way to put the text at the top of the window, but still, it could get out of bounds..not sure.

Btw, why dont you simply try height="same as the text size" ? so , height="20" instead of 300
You wont have issues on WIndows (you will if you do that on a Mac)

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 4:14 pm
sent you and example, djdad..

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 6:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)