Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Tag Writing question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to create a folder that will show which files don't have tags written, I have several mp4's that I edited the tags but never wrote them to the file and I was hoping there was a way to show this

Thanks
Johnny

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 10:37 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You could create a filter folder with the following action:

aritst="" or title="" (or genre="" or year="" or whatever tag you want)

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 10:49 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I believe those filters will show things in the library, not in the files tags.

I think MP3Tag can sort by column. Opening the directory and then sorting by field column might work for you.

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 12:52 pm
i think blckjck is right vdj reads the database not the tags when searching for speed reasons.

you may have to resort to an external option like mp3tag or maybe the Dev staff will see this and implement something one day :-)

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 2:27 pm
My issue is that the info is written to the database not the tags, I want to see what mp4's I have that dont have written tags but are written in the database

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 5:36 pm
ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I add "first seen", "last seen", and "last played" to the browser title area.
Click on one of those headers and the list will display blank sections where there are no tags. Now just fill them in.
This may only work with newly added tracks though.
Hope this helps.

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 5:43 pm
I gotta say PachN's first post works for me. I have filter folders for example:

Not Scanned - isscanned=0
No Genre - genre is ""
No BPM - BPM <=0
No Year - year is ""

anyone of these and the others will give me the files with missing info - I'm sure you could even 'code' it to filter all of the tags at one go if you wanted it to. Once I find a track with something missing I just open the tag editor and fill in the details. The only thing I don't think this updates is your main files, it only updates files in the library/ VDJ database but at least it would show you where you need to look.

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 7:18 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
VDJ does support some tag writing if it's turned on in your options. It only works for certain filetypes. It reads from more filetypes then it writes to.

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 8:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)