Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: iTunes 12, VDJ 7.4 PRO - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

iTunes 12 has completely broke the ability for VDJ to pull songs from the iTunes library. I show the playlists, but when I drag the song to the deck, it shows error. If I search for that song by name, it will pull up under the second window and then that will be able to be dropped into a deck. Not sure if this is an easy fix or if I should abandon 7.4 for 8.0.

Please let me know if anyone has found a fix.

OS X Yosemite 10.10
VDJ 7.4.1 PRO
ITunes 12.0.1

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 6:04 pm
I am having the same problem. I have a big show coming up on the 23rd and this happens. My whole library is organized through iTunes.
The problem is iTunes but we cannot downgrade because of the new OS X Yosemite.

Please let us know any information as soon as possible! Meanwhile, I will try to figure out this as well.

OS X Yosemite 10.10
VDJ 7.4 PRO
iTunes 12.0.1

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 10:34 am
Same thing happening to me. Is ther any work around if the problem is caused by the itune playlist. Is ther any way we can creat playlist directly from VDJ? Wil thus help?

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 9:33 am
sheep3poControlleristMember since 2019
I have the same problem, do you think we need to update our software or wait until there is a patch for this issue

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 12:45 pm
I'm having the same problem and have spent the last 48 hours trying to sort this problem out....

I have lots of gigs coming up (luckily I have a 2 week break) so any advice from anyone would be gratefully received....

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 1:19 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
It seems Aplle has changed something inside iTunes.
So for the moment i only can advise you to get back to the working iTunes version.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 2:17 am
Update.....

As I am an Infinity user, I just downloaded the Version 8 for free and my music is loading without difficulty and my Controller is fully operational with the software.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 6:58 am
Anyone know how to fixed the problem for virtual dj LE (stock apps from pioneer wego)?

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 11:20 am
I updated to VDJ8 but can't seem to get it to show the playlists I have built in iTunes

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 12:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For version 8, goto Config->Options tab, locate the setting iTunesdatabseFile and provide the correct path to the Xml file that iTunes generate. There is a strong chance that iTunes have changed the name (o/and the path ) once again !

Also make sure you re running the latest available build (2003 public or 2013 beta)

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 1:46 pm
So no fix as yet for version 7 users?

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 5:55 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The only fix at this time is for you to roll back your iTunes (or OS) update or to upgrade to VirtualDJ 8.

VirtualDJ 7 is no longer in development.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 8:09 pm
Ok, so downloading VDJ 8 works. The interface is a little different, but mainly the same.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 3:21 pm
I seem to have fixed my itunes 12 woes by converting my songs back to mp3 from m4a. VDJ 7.4 could see playlists but would not play songs since this uncalled for upgrade by itunes? The music location had never changed but the format VDJ Pro will play has??? Converting music to mp3 allows it to play as normal?

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 9:05 am
I may be on to a solution for VDJ7.

When you are on the iTunes tab of the browser, you can search for things. When you do, the search results appear as usual listed below the search bar, and underneath the list of results, there is a long gray divider line, above the Side List. Underneath that line there is a list identical of search results identical to the one above, but I am able to add the songs on this list to the deck with no errors.

The only problem is that I'm not sure what you could put into the search bar that would allow that list under the gray line to include your whole library so that you can mix pretty normally using that secondary list. I might just have to go through my whole library to make sure that every song has a space in it so that I can just type that into the search bar and see my whole library that way.

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 6:54 pm

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 12:04 pm
OK. Is this good?
iTunes keeps rewriting the xml file with Filepath=[ file:/// ] any suggestions? Two files?? activate one when needed?

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 1:34 pm
izy67ControlleristMember since 2014
I downloaded VDJ8 free version and changed its configuration to look like pioneer wego 2 screen . It's a little different but works just as well.

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 7:23 pm
Imageseeker53 wrote :
OK. Is this good?
iTunes keeps rewriting the xml file with Filepath=[ file:/// ] any suggestions? Two files?? activate one when needed?

Do this before any gig or after adjusting playlists.
Export library to a folder you created in your music folder. Make sure to rename the file to:"iTunes Music Library.xml "
Use an XML editor to adjust your music file paths in the exported file. I use Coda.

You only have to do this once
Download a pList editor, open the com.atomix pList in "Username/library/preferences" to tell VDJ 7 where to find the new exported library.xml file. Use the Search feature: type iTunes and change the path to Point towards your new xml file folder. Close and save the file. Again... make sure you have name the exported Library to: "iTunes Music Library.xml" file.
This is the free pList editor I used called "pref-setter" from macupdate.com
Always make a backup before changing anything!

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 10:30 am
All you have to do to fix the problem is to revert back to iTunes 11.4

OS can still be 10.10 but iTunes must be 11.4

very easy to google and do! hope it works. it did for me

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 10:09 am
69%