Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: iTunes 12, VDJ 7.4 PRO - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

iTunes 12 automatically downloaded and destroyed my computer. I used VDJ 7 and it was fine until then. Nothing works for me, either I try something and all my files say error or my itunes library gets wiped clean. VDJ 8 sucks and I hate paying for it. Even VDJ 8 doesn't work properly because my playlists won't update when I download new music. I hate VDJ now, I can't even get tech support.

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 5:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
For v8 your iTunes library path is probably pointing to the wrong file.

Have a look in your iTunes folder and see what the XML file being used is called (it should be the one that is newest) and then edit the iTunes library setting in VDJ8 options to match.

If you are unable to work it out then give tech support a shout during opening hours via chat or phone.

For v7 there is no fix at this moment other than to revert your iTunes. I don't see a v7 license against your account so can't give you any more specific information I'm afraid.

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 8:49 pm
A workaround for having VDJ 7 and iTunes 12 is to create a folder on your desktop and copy your music files into that folder. Then in VDJ, go to desktop and your new folder and you will be able to play your music from that directory. Seems like you can't play anything in your iTunes folder.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 5:41 pm
The best thing to do is update to 7.4.2 or 8.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 10:17 pm
SlocamPRO InfinityMember since 2014
VIRTUAL DJ 8 IS A PILE OF GARBAGE!!!

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 2:23 am
Thanks for that information.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 11:04 pm
jDDjxHome userMember since 2014
Just got Virtual DJ 8. It's as if i can't play the songs i purchased from the iTunes store? Anyone know a fix to this? I got a Mac if that helps.

Thanks!!!

Posted Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 4:30 pm
Hi Guys,

I just ran into this issue and I played around with this as I have a New Year's gig and I know many of you are in the same situation.

From my testing, Apple seems to have changed the XML file name which stores our playlist and music. The old file name was "iTunes Music Library.xml" (it's still located in my root iTunes folder) while the new one is called "iTunes Library.xml". I have just created a new playlist and I did find it in the "new" file and not in the "old" file.

These steps and the image attached are for Mac OS X Yosemite (v 10.10.1). I'm sure the same thing can be done in Windows versions as well. Here's what you need to do to get your playlists to show up properly:

Virtual DJ 8:
Go to Config --> Options and search for iTunes. For “iTunesDatabaseFile” change the value from "/Users/[your username]/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml" to "/Users/[your username]
/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library.xml

Pros:
Easy.

Cons:
You have to make edits to the preferences in VDJ8 :)

Virtual DJ 7.x (tested on 7.4.2):
Because Virtual DJ 7.x’s settings only asks for the iTunes directory and not a file, you can’t edit the settings (let me know if I'm wrong and there is a way to point directly to a file, just like VDJ8). What I found to be easier is to make a copy of the “iTunes Library.xml” and name it "iTunes Music Library.xml”. if you already have a file named "iTunes Music Library.xml” make a backup copy just to be safe. I just renamed it to "iTunes Music Library2.xml”.

Pros:
Easy.

Cons:
Everytime you make a change to iTunes and your playlists, you have to redo these steps.

If anyone has found a better way or finds this is not helping, let me know. If I get enough requests I’ll put a video on YouTube showing the procedures.

BTW: here's how I found out about the name change: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201610

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 7:48 pm
YannossHome userMember since 2015
Hi guys,
I have a problem with virtual DJ both de 7 and 8th version. My iTunes folder is gone in the program, i already did change the name of the iTunes library but nothing happened. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 8:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)