Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: connecting my lappy to cdj 2000's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
how to connect with usb cable... do i link or press usb?

i don't have a clue.

I'm going to try google and you tube but if i don't find anything i can look back into here

cheers

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 7:01 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have the CDJ2000Nexus but I believe it would work the same way.
This is in VDJ 8... (Make sure you have the CDJs Audio or the Digital Out connected to your mixer)

From OFF (CDJs)...
1. Plug both USB
2. Turn ON CDJs *Try to turn On the Left Deck first - it might avoid inverted decks* (You will see message "A NEW DEVICE DETECTED" - Use Soundcard? Click Ok)
3. Configure your Audio Settings (First CDJ2000 Deck 1 Channel 1&2 / 2nd CDJ2000 Deck 2 Channel 1&2)
4. Click Link on CDJs (You'll see Control Mode USB Midi - Push Rotary Button to Connect)
(If display doesn't show tracks, Turn the Rotary Knob)
5. Play and Enjoy!

If the decks are inverted go to Config/CONTROLLERS and Re-assign decks assignment.

Save Settings on the Buttom of the Screen so you won't have to do this over and over.

I suggest you try Rekordbox 3 for performances too (if you haven't yet)... specially when you don't have to take request and just do your playlist, LOL!

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 11:08 pm
Thanks for that info.

i pretty much did what u said, everything was working but i had no sound.

this happened in a club for a try out... my conclusion was cable was faulty or not connected.
i only had 1 deck connected to my lappy coz the other deck was playing a CD b4 the club opened up to the public

[Moderator: Please do not use bad language in your forum posts. Your post has been edited to remove the profanity. Please read the forum rules]

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 5:28 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If the units are being used for CDs without a problem, that means you've missed something : (
That's the same channel your audio from the software will come out.

You should arrange an early schedule to check the problem and test the unit with VDJ.
I know it's not that easy for the first time. But just like everything else, it will just come natural as you do it more often.

Goodluck on your second try!

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 1:48 pm
pseft wrote :
[Moderator: Please do not use bad language in your forum posts. Your post has been edited to remove the profanity. Please read the forum rules]

Sorry

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 9:32 pm
938MyDJ wrote :
If the units are being used for CDs without a problem, that means you've missed something : (
That's the same channel your audio from the software will come out.

You should arrange an early schedule to check the problem and test the unit with VDJ.
I know it's not that easy for the first time. But just like everything else, it will just come natural as you do it more often.

Goodluck on your second try!

i always ndo that bro... u dont want to go to a gig ang ther set up dont work... disaster

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 9:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)