Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Any experience with NTDLL.DLL errors related to SONIQUE plugin?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anyone have any experience finding the root cause of an occasional NTTDLL.dll error associated with Sonique Plugin?
vDJ 7.41 on Windows 7 SP1.

The symptoms are:

1.) Sonique plugin stops responding (i.e. cannot be activated) while all other aspects of vDJ continue to work.
2.) vDJ may continue to work because it launches a new crash recovery copy of vDJ into memory.
3.) Windows Event Log reports an Application Error containing the following text:
"faulting application name: virtualdj_pro.exe, Faulting Module Name:ntdll.dll version 6.1.7601.17514, Exception code: 0xc0000005, Faulting Module Path: c:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll"

Nothing whatsoever has changed in the machine environment (except adding new music of course). Checked playlist history for each occurrence of the error and it is not related to playing any particular track. Had disk health is 100% etc.

Thanks for any ideas!

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 7:59 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Exception code: 0xc0000005 is an Access Violation.

Are you running VDJ as administrator?

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 9:22 am
@PachN
Thanks for the reply. While I agree the Exception code usually means there is an access problem, since this is happening with Sonique, I'm guessing it may mean Sonique is misbehaving - trying to make some kind of illegal memory access. I really don't think the memory itself in the machine is bad, but I suppose anything is possible.

Logical deduction should mean that memory hardware problem would also manifest in other ways, but this is only happening under some weird circumstance with Sonique.

Hoping someone may have seen this before.

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 4:43 pm
@Moderator
Any chance this thread could be moved to the general forum please?

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 6:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)