Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Vdj 8 decks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The key number is so small in the decks is it possible to make larger in font

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 7:46 pm
Hi Sam yes it can be increased - you need to edit the XML file for the skin you are using.

Open your VDJ main folder, then open the skins folder.
Find the skin you want to change right click on it and extract the files.
Right click on the XML file and select open with Notepad.
In Notepad click Edit then Find and enter 'Key' in the search box and change the text size on the lines <text size="15" color="#E1E1E1" (Try size 20)
Depending on how many decks you have in the skin, you will have to do it for each deck.

Hope that makes sense - I know it works cos I just tested it on mine but not sure if I have explained it well enough

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 8:13 pm
Thx for responding ,i tried as u said in vdj 8 but the size didnt change,also there is a prob on my vdj8 (mac version) i cant drag and drop tracks to my library its wiered,but on my desktop it work normal,and am kinda new to vdj,sometimes i press sync on the loaded decks the bpm doesnt change for example deck A bpm = 120 and bpm of deck B=128 and pitch range is 16%.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 8:28 pm
Inaddition i was wondering if its possible to relocate the preslisten to the bottom of the software like vdj 7 thx

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 8:32 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 2:38 am
Hi Sam sorry but I'm not in the know on Mac's - if you let me know what skin your using I can change it here and email you a copy if that helps ?

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 5:21 am
I'm using the vdj8 browser skin, but i liked the the given skin in the forum, so i might use the second one,but i'm having a problem of adding tracks from desktop to vdj 8(mac version) ,its not adding !! Why??,and sometimes i press sync the bpm doesnt matches why(vdj 7 & vdj 8)??,and the folders arent there in vdj8 (the ones from vdj 7 )

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 5:37 pm
Dj sam jad wrote :
i'm having a problem of adding tracks from desktop to vdj 8(mac version)

Solution: don't put tracks on the desktop! Use the method detailed on page 47 of the User guide.

Dj sam jad wrote :
i press sync the bpm doesnt matches why
Perhaps the BPM is too far apart. If you really need to sync tracks which have extremely different BPM then you can change the VDJ settings to do that (it's in the manual).

Dj sam jad wrote :
the folders arent there in vdj8 (the ones from vdj 7 )

Which folders? Virtual folders? Filter folders? Some other type?

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 7:56 am
The virtual folders not there in vdj8 ,i mix tracks of small bpms difference but sync doesnt work sometimes in both vdj7&8,in vdj 8(pc version) i can drag tracks and load them in decks directly or add them in the library playlists or folders in mac version i cant (vdj8)

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 11:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)