Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Please Please Please.....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Please please please would it be possible to port the audio engine of VDJ8 to VDJ7 for members who owned the full version 7?

I appreciate the time and effort you guys have put in to the new features in VDJ8 but for DJ's like myself who find it just too unstable to use in a professional setting we're left using VDJ7 with its far inferior sound quality.

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 2:32 pm
This has been requested in the past and as far as I am aware it's not technically possible.

Version 8 was primarily coded to provide a new audio engine.

Like you I'm sticking with 7 at present but personally I don't notice any real difference in the audio quality that anyone in my gigs will notice. I don't really like the look and feel of version 8 and it's just a bit over complex to get to grips with unless I take some serious time out, which I'm not willing to do at present. I had hoped V8 would have been fully featured and completely bug free as promised but sadly that hasn't materialised. It's either stick with 7 as is or try 8 out as a dual setup and see how you get on. The fact the databases for each version are now separate is a PITA as well but hey ho .....

Keith

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 3:16 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It isn't possible I'm afraid.

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 10:06 pm
i have a weird question. i up graded from a iDJ3 to the NS7. cleaning the house i found the iDJ3 now i want to hook them both up at the same time can it happen?

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 8:42 pm
Hey bro if you have 7 then you get a free upgrade to version 8 so just practice, practice, practice and read the manual it is very helpful. Don't fear the changes if you embrace them and practice you will find Version 8 is awesome....

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 9:23 pm
like many of us, we have moved on. I have vdj7 on my hard drive for emergencies, but Serato is where im at now. Feel like I was lied to with the promises of version 8, and the VERY 1st time I installed 8, it crashed as soon as I opened it. That was enough time for me to realize what I needed too.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 4:02 pm
There has Been a lot of statements like the one above, this is a trend that you don't want.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 9:20 pm
dj2bucsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yes sir I am practicing with Serato DJ & Video right now incase it doesn't get any better on the reports. I just can't jump to 8 To SCARED

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 12:53 pm
as I know the audio engine (talking about when you play audio only) of VDJ 8 is the same that we can found in VDJ 7.4.1, the only difference is that in VDJ 8 the limiter works more better tan in VDJ 7.4.1.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 4:35 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
sorry, but i cannot confirm that. V8 audioengine is by far better than in V7 also EQ`s.
It is like comparing a car engine having a carburetor with one with injektion....

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 4:52 am
you can compare the wave form spectrum in Adobe Audition of same song in VDJ 7 vs VDJ 8 and you will notice that the wave form spectrum is practically the same in both softwares, only with minimal differences in the volumen level, due the limiter works different in VDJ 7 vs VDJ 8.

also the audio engine in VDJ 8 present the same issue that in VDJ 7 related with the drop quality when pitch is increased and key lock is enabled, that was reported here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/190689/General_Discussion/When_Increasing_BPMs_on_VDJ_8_Sound_Quality_drops______.html

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 5:04 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
the waveform displays the pattern of the track not the quality of the output...;-)

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 6:13 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
RadiOnlineChile wrote :
as I know the audio engine (talking about when you play audio only) of VDJ 8 is the same that we can found in VDJ 7.4.1, the only difference is that in VDJ 8 the limiter works more better tan in VDJ 7.4.1.

I can assure you that the audio engine is not the same as v7.4.1.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 8:13 am
The audio engine is much better in V8. Unfortunately it is the only thing that is!

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 8:31 am
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
There's a huge difference in the audio quality from 7.4 to 8. I'm quite happy with V8 and I'm one of the lucky ones who has not had an issue.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 12:09 pm
bkexpresz wrote :
Hey bro if you have 7 then you get a free upgrade to version 8 so just practice, practice, practice and read the manual it is very helpful. Don't fear the changes if you embrace them and practice you will find Version 8 is awesome....

But it isn't though..... It's so unstable it's practically unusable when it comes to paid work, it's not like I can say to the bride and groom 'sorry the music has gone off in the middle of your first dance, my software decided to crash and I've had to restart it'.

Scrinson wrote :
The audio engine is much better in V8. Unfortunately it is the only thing that is!

My thoughts exactly Scrinson, only thing wrong with V7 was the audio quality I don't see why they changed a winning formula when they could have just changed the audio engine and the way the skin works.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 5:17 pm

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 6:04 pm
Cauthers, sorry you are having issues but I have not had any issues with VDJ 8 and I have used it at my Gigs for the last 2 months. My laptop is four years old and I store my t music on an external hardrive.Man I hope it works out for you....

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 10:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)