Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Search In Browser Impossible - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hey Paul, i have noted something on other user side.
So does these files have ID3v1 tags?

Actual it seems version 8 does only support ID3v2 tags?

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 2:20 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey guys, I use one folder only with thousands of files in it and to scan these and then have to correct and then have to add star ratings and possibly other information such as year and album to add it will be like building a brand new data base, obviously this is not acceptable or logical in my eyes.

Thousands of other guys seem to have made the transition over to eight without this problem but others having only a fraction of the amount of missing information, point is, why is this happening on three separate set ups. Something is wrong somewhere but I just don't know where that somewhere is, lol.

It's just my luck to have this going on, bloody crying shame I'm having to miss out on something I have eagerly anticipated for close on three years now. I still say if a guru came on team viewer to look at what is happening first hand they may just see something that is glaringly obvious where the problem lies, until that happens I'm left with good old seven but severely disappointed.

I'm adding new drives this morning to my gig lappy so it will be like a new install, I'll report back on the results after installing.

Just thought of something, if I install 8 without 7 but add the xml of 7 to the folder would that be recognized in 8 or would it be a waste of time.

And another thing I like to add, for a fella that that has gone through life that never or very rarely asks for help, this is killing me.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 4:13 am

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 5:25 am
WEY HEY!!!!! Eureka! guys world wide famine and pestilence has been averted, doom and gloom is no more, depression has been kicked into touch, women can stop crying, the Pope can get up off his knee's... Tayla will use VDJ 8 this weekend! YES YES YES!!!!

I found the problem, well, the light bulb came on while I was reading another post, PachN mentioned to a guy in the general forums there was another data.xml file in a folder if an external drive was being used, so all I did was hop in the car drove down to that drive and took the sucker out... Wallah!

Everything in wonderland is now hunky dory, I feel a bit of a dumb dumb to have caused this problem, but hey, it might help someone else in the future, so thank you to everyone that has tried helping, much appreciated.....

But lets face it...

turns out, I didn't really need your help after all.....

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 5:43 am
I'm glad you got it sorted!

OTOH this is a fine example of why people need to post as much info as possible about their setups, and answer any questions accurately.

No one was aware that an external drive was involved.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 6:18 am
Glad you solved it Tayla.

Maybe worth backing everything up someone else incase another calamity happens ;-)

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 6:32 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Lol Tayla, glad it works now :D

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 7:06 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Yes...good news....happy to hear that it works now.....:-)

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 7:29 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Yes Tayla, you also have to do the rename or delete to all externals too for this to work properly, sorry I missed that one key operation on my explanation in order to update all connected drives properly...

Glad your good to go Now.....

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 9:43 am
Haha Joey, afraid you can't claim the ice cream for hindsight, besides I've already ate it... lol.

Anyways, I gave you all a clue... I did say "I'm sure this is xml/database" related... pmsl.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 10:05 am
Look guys... bottom left corner, second from left... rofl!

I'm as happy as two pigs rolling in $hit...

Thanks again.

Now you lot go get a life....

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 10:10 am
I just talked to the Vatican, and the Pope is on his way to rehab, because of you. Glad you got this figured out.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 12:16 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
tayla wrote :
Haha Joey, afraid you can't claim the ice cream for hindsight, besides I've already ate it... lol.

Anyways, I gave you all a clue... I did say "I'm sure this is xml/database" related... pmsl.

Oh wow,... wasn't claiming anything, just pointing out the one key step that was left out in my previous steps in an attempt to help you resolve your issue, informing others who may run into this issue of this key step...

I've also had this issue last month and was able to resolve it...

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 12:40 pm
Haha, no offence was intended Joey, just having a little fun, just releasing the tension that I've been experiencing over the last week or so...

Sorry if I caused it to be taken the wrong way, certainly not intended.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 1:13 pm
Oh Oh.... he's back, I'm not sure if there is a problem with the video sampler or some how I have managed to disable it while messing about with the config settings, anyways here is the current snag...

Both default video samples work on screen and when you open up the editor the small square to the right on the display is there and at the bottom of page both audio and video select options are showing, so far so good.

When I load either a wmv or avi file into the sample pads then go to the editor neither of the the above are showing. I normally just use wmv in the past and they have worked fine.

So is the problem linked to the recent changes I have made, yet I have checked all my settings but have possibly missed something or does the problem lie in the current 1897.749 version that I'm using.

Once again, all help appreciated.

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 3:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)