Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark NV - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Okay, that happens at first.now go to config and reassign the proper left/right channels and you are set...

Posted Fri 29 Jan 16 @ 12:18 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Some general tips.
- USB Class compliant units (such as the NV) depend on Windows to properly install the necessary drivers. Using a different USB port may resolve a detection issue (possibly due to a driver conflict with some other pre-installed device in your computer).
- It is strongly advised to use the same USB port on your computer to connect the unit and avoid using external USB hubs.
- Always power on the NV, allow a few seconds for the windows to properly detect all 3 units (main board plus 2 screens) and then open VirtualDJ.

For the incorrect deck view on the screens: Normally VirtualDJ will auto -assign the screens to the proper decks, but if this is not the case , open Settings and goto the Controllers tab.
Make sure the Left NV Display is assigned to Left (automatic 1 and 3) decks and the Right NV Display to the right decks (automatic 2 and 4) from the Deck assignment drop-down menu.

Posted Fri 29 Jan 16 @ 12:40 am
thanks "Dad".Once you have sussesfully installed the controller on one usb port then allways use that port.since you did not installed on the first port,the short cut would be to select another port.otherwise you would have to uninstall the drivers,then plug the controller again on that port (the long route ) to undo the improper install ...hope that helps...

Posted Fri 29 Jan 16 @ 1:01 am
Hi guys - I'm having a re-occurring problem with my NV. I've had it for about 6 months and it's never had any problems but recently it consistently randomly freezes up only when I'm running Virtual DJ 8 (the latest version so 8.1 or whatever, I always update).

What happens is quite strange, the music continues to play but the Virtual DJ program freezes (so I can't click anything) and the screens on the NV screens also freeze, however, the buttons on the NV even the jogwheels continue to work and affect the music coming out of the speakers. I can even continue to load songs (though I can't see what I'm doing on either my laptop screen or the NV screens because both at frozen). This essentially continues to be the state until I disconnect the NV from the USB port and force-close the software, then wait about 10 minutes or so, before restarting everything.

Luckily this hasn't happened during a live set yet, but I'm obviously worried that it's a matter of time. I have tried reinstalling the NV firmware but that hasn't worked. I'm pretty sure this is not to do with the capacity of my computer because it freezes even when the CPU meter is low and other software on my laptop will be completely fine. I think it is to do specifically with the interaction between the NV and VDJ 8.

Does anybody have any tips on how I can stop this error? Please let me know if anymore information is needed. Alternatively, please refer me to where I can get this sorted.

Posted Wed 03 Feb 16 @ 10:42 pm
yeah,I was waiting for someone else to report this.this is happenning to me also (whew! thought it was just me) while I'm recording.in order not to lose the recoeded file and continue I found out that I can turnoff the NV which stops vdj and recording but doesnt delete the recording file,and turn back on the NV ,wait till it restarts the drivers,while vdj is still frozen I click to open configurations.wait a few seconds and it will restart the music playing on all decks and continue the recording.but needless to say...quite annoying.and something that has to be fixed.this didnt happen before so I would say its one of the updates.but I'm on version 8.0.0 build 2522.1077 so its not a 8.1 problem.please fix!

Posted Wed 03 Feb 16 @ 11:25 pm
Okay,so after another freeze I had to close instances via device manager,I then go to open and get the vdj update alert,I clicked install,get an error (this might be my Hot spot these days,not very strong but also Avast when into a analize mode,yeeezz ) I clicked on try again ,I think and was sent to my download page to see the v8.1 waiting for me.the Question is,should I? hmm.

Posted Thu 04 Feb 16 @ 2:49 am
I downloaded the 8.1 installer,ran it.but it still says 8.0 in configuration settings... I chose basic install,Oh and I rebooted the laptop.what next?

Posted Thu 04 Feb 16 @ 9:43 pm
Well,anybody knows what is going on with the freezing on the NV?

Posted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 1:16 am
thetracker510 wrote :

VDJ has been working great until yesterday when it started playing up and freezing for me too. I have the latest version of VDJ 8.1 and using the Numark NV. this needs to be fixed losing business. :(

Posted Mon 22 Feb 16 @ 10:59 am
Same here.this is aggrevating...

Posted Mon 22 Feb 16 @ 11:08 am
DJPIPES_DISCO wrote :
thetracker510 wrote :

VDJ has been working great until yesterday when it started playing up and freezing for me too. I have the latest version of VDJ 8.1 and using the Numark NV. this needs to be fixed losing business. :(

I'm not sure how you could be losing business because of this issue, because your clients don't know about it. Even so, you can always use the software without a controller. You said that this issue just started for you the other day, what have you done differently? If you installed a VDJ update, go back to a previous version, to see if that fixes it. This way they can trace it to the update. Was there something else that you may have done, that changed things?

Posted Thu 25 Feb 16 @ 11:04 pm
I can confirm this.i'ts the displays.maybe is to much comunication between vdj and the controller? I have'nt changed anything.I added the pioneer RMX1000 but this started before that...I did started to record the video output,my dj mixes.it freezez and you have to shut down,stopping the music until you turn the NV back on and vdj detects the displays.this sucks! then theres the glitching every few minutes..maybe is a nvidea driver issue,or milkdrops.I tried disabling the wifi.someone has got to check this out.this is on my Alienware m18x,i7,8 gigs of ram (here I need to upgrade to 16 I imagine) two nvideas Gt 460m in SLI....

Posted Fri 26 Feb 16 @ 9:54 pm
This thread is misleading in it's length, as the problems don't start until the end of the thread. I have had to re-read this thread and you guys were doing fine with this controller. What has changed in the last couple of days? Only you guys can tell us that. Have you tried to reach out to Timmy 1978, to see if he is experiencing the same results?

Posted Fri 26 Feb 16 @ 10:17 pm
sorry but Like I sayd,it started all of the sudden.that would point to a recent update?.now I dont see a jimmy78 in this thread but I would contact whoever if I can get some answers....got a link?....

Posted Fri 26 Feb 16 @ 10:36 pm
If it was an update, can you tell us which build, or go back to the previous build? It's Timmy 1978, not Jimmy. Sorry for the confusion, but he has a NV, and you guys were exchanging views earlier in this thread.

Posted Sat 27 Feb 16 @ 4:55 am
Oh...well I kept suspecting drivers.so I've been getting popups from the Hercules drivers batch updater.it uccurred to me that I dont use the RMX these days on this laptop,so I uninstalled it.dont know but it went through a recording section of video without freezing totaly....but...the glitching persist....

Posted Sat 27 Feb 16 @ 6:01 am
What build do you have and can you go back to the previous build here?

Posted Sat 27 Feb 16 @ 6:11 am
Well that was not it,vdj locked up & over again last nite..this is bad,,,:(.

Posted Sat 27 Feb 16 @ 9:22 pm
Did you revert to a previous build? Were you still trying to record video when this happened?

Posted Sat 27 Feb 16 @ 9:27 pm
Not reverted yet,and yes,recording video,mp3's with milkdrop...will try a older build as soon as I wake up...

Posted Sat 27 Feb 16 @ 9:30 pm
95%