Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: freestyler8 - Page: 11

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

But Freestyler is a windows only application... :P So you will have to run it on another system and setup network communication

Posted Tue 22 Nov 16 @ 3:59 pm
Or he could just ShowXpress which works on a Mac but since Scott didn't create the actual plugin its no where near as good as this one.

I really wish someone would make that plugin better.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 16 @ 4:15 pm
A plugin for ShowMagic would be epic too :) though im not holding my breath on that one. Think im going to have to just buy another software, which erks me a little, but not much I can do.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 16 @ 4:21 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
but since Scott didn't create the actual plugin its no where near as good as this one

Actually I did, subject to the constraints of the target software of course. What would you like added?

Posted Thu 24 Nov 16 @ 1:12 am
Andy7689 wrote :
A plugin for ShowMagic would be epic too :)

ShowMagic is controllable by MIDI, and I've got a MIDI DMX control plugin in the works. It was actually originally requested by a friend of mine who wants to control his hardware DMX desk from VDJ. It's still on my list, I just haven't had the time recently due to other things!

Posted Thu 24 Nov 16 @ 1:14 am
SBDJ wrote :
[/quote]ShowMagic is controllable by MIDI, and I've got a MIDI DMX control plugin in the works. It was actually originally requested by a friend of mine who wants to control his hardware DMX desk from VDJ. It's still on my list, I just haven't had the time recently due to other things!

That sounds great Scott although i don't fully understand. I know that I can control showmagic via a midi controller if i connect one. I havent tried though. But I am not sure what that gives me any better than using a lighting controller. What i want really is something that stays in beat with VDJ. I did contact the guy at Showmagic to ask if it could accept a midi clock input, but he said it couldn't. My wife is a singer, which is why we have the software, we only use it for tribute shows and we have programmed light shows for each track (which takes hours) but you have to play the song within the software.

Posted Thu 24 Nov 16 @ 9:12 am
Reading your post again Scott, do you mean the plugin would be able to control the software by sending midi signals to it? that would be very good.

Posted Thu 24 Nov 16 @ 9:15 am
Thats exactly what I mean :)

If ShowMagic supports MIDI clock then you can already sync it to VDJ's BPM without a plugin.

Posted Thu 24 Nov 16 @ 2:11 pm
Hi Scott, that plugin sounds great then. I wont need to buy another software then. Unfortunately ShowMagic does not support midi clock input. Already looked into that. This sounds brilliant. Any idea on timescale? I know you're busy, just wondering, I wont pester you.

Posted Thu 24 Nov 16 @ 2:19 pm
I haven't tried it, but for any software that supports control via MIDI commands you could define a "dump" MIDI device on VirtualDj and use a virtual MIDI port to send the signal on the software.
For the commands you need to send out you can define them as LEDS and for the commands you need to read as "Buttons" or "Sliders"

Posted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 9:53 am
That sounds great in theory, though I am not even proficient with VDJ script yet, so a little bit beyond me at this point. though I will try and go some research into it and see if I can get my head round it.

Posted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 10:12 am
If you have a sheet with the midi messages that your software sends/receives then I can come up with a sample def & mapping file to test and expand

Posted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 10:20 am
Thank you so much. I will get a list of the midi signals it can accept and send out. Brilliant :)

Posted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 10:34 am
OK, I have had this email back from the developer at ShowMagic....

Hi Andrew, ShowMagic can send MIDI messages as described on page 135 of the User Manual (attached) for controlling MIDI devices - FX units, audio mixing desks etc. ShowMagic Action buttons can also be triggered / controlled by MIDI input (MIDI Note, Program Change or Control Change messages) as described on P146 of the manual. I hope this information helps. Best Regards Kevin.

The link to the manual is https://www.showmagic.com/index.php?page=downloads&act=7&id=67

This does not give a list of actual messages. Having read the manual a few times, and with my limited understanding of it. It seems as though you can tell Showmagic what command to scan for, so i think it can accept any message/note?

Posted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 12:10 pm
That's right. From one point of view that's better since you can "teach" the software what to expect in order to perform various tasks.
From another point of view it makes it more difficult for beginners to program a bridge. Anyway, I downloaded the Free version to take a look.
Please contact me via PM for further details or start a new thread in order to avoid hijacking this one which is about Freestyler

Posted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 12:38 pm
Thank you, will do

Posted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 12:48 pm
SBDJ wrote :
but since Scott didn't create the actual plugin its no where near as good as this one

Actually I did, subject to the constraints of the target software of course. What would you like added?

Just better controls, right now we can't use multiple names so I have a million macro buttons setup with in ShowXpress.

I just think the way VDJ talks to SX needs to be looked at.

Posted Sat 26 Nov 16 @ 4:12 pm
Just better controls, right now we can't use multiple names so I have a million macro buttons setup with in ShowXpress.

I could allow multiple actions on a cue point if that's what you want - DMX|PRESS|MYBUTTON1,DMX|PRESS|MYBUTTON2 for example. Would that help?

I just think the way VDJ talks to SX needs to be looked at.

This can't be changed, at least not by us :)

Posted Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 4:33 pm
Yes that would be a huge help!!

Right now I have to create macros with in SX say to turn on a light and turn another off. This is where my troubles start. I can't be expected to create a macro for every thing I do, that would just totally suck and I don't even think I could remember every button, lmao!!

So yes please can you make it so I can use multiple commands on a single cue point please.

Posted Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 7:35 pm
Hi Scott,

For some reason the only command I can generate with the freestyler8 VDJScript is "Add scene" Any idea?

Posted Sat 24 Dec 16 @ 11:31 am
93%