Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: [Ver8] Tag editor - Wishes & new features

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Why but why ???

The tag-editor-window-cover-art-google-searcher will show only 100x100px pics ??

iTunes : 100x100 only

Google : 100x100 only

Grooveshark : ok, sometimes a 500x500 pic, not always

Man, we're not in the 80's, we're in 2014 then I want 2000x2000px pics in my tags if possible (1000x if not, or less until I find a pic). What I'm doing now is :

- Go to google pics in a browser
- Download a hi-rez pic in my computer
- Then go to VDJ and apply the new pic in the album's tags

Why won't the google searcher show me those hi-rez pics directly ??

I don't want to deal with itunes, nor apple, I forget this. Grooveshark won't always show in the window, sometimes even inside the same album it will show for one song, and not for another.

So google seems to be my solution, if and only if it would show me hi-rez pics TOO. May you do something for this ?

Also, other request.

Maybe I didn't find how to do this, but it would be nice to have the possibility to show the cover art of a loaded song in a window (maybe the video window for example) by rightclicking something or in the "edit tag..." minimenu (that we get on the cover art widget on a deck). So we are able to see our picture in full size, or even in fullscreen.

Not sure I'm understandable, my english being very bad so don't hesitate to ask me.

Thanks for reading.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 11:47 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'll add two more on

You can open comments editor on a command , and the comment I add most often is ' delete ' (tracks that I don't like) If I could do this in a single button press db management would be less painful
Something like ' edit_comment "delete" '

Further to this, I'm also using field 1 to mark tracks as fixed (CBG correct & hotcued) if I could; 1 edit just field 1 (actually fields like 1, 2 , & genre singularly ) like I can comments that would be good, If I could script a ' field filler ' that would be even better

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 6:07 pm
cpz379PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Dear Fruit, I agree with you. Also it's my wish to have clear and bigger cover arts (600x600 or more pixels) in VDJ 8. Now the cover arts you can choose in the tag editor in VDJ 8 are too small and unclear. You have to use other programs to add a good, big and clear cover art in the tag of a song. I hope that it is possible for the development to do is.
But dear Fruit I must say that it isn't always possible to find now a good, big and clear cover art for all the songs. I need and have to find cover arts for 300000 songs and I like very much the original cases of the singles from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. Now it's very difficult to find the cover arts/cases from all these singles in google. The use of cover arts to me is still in its infancy and could be much improved.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 4:21 pm
cpz379 wrote :
But dear Fruit I must say that it isn't always possible to find now a good, big and clear cover art for all the songs.

Yup I agree with this, Google will mostly find well known famous 'not so old' cover arts. Once the album (or song) is a rare track, it's difficult. BUT it stills the best way to find hi-rez covers. And sometimes I had suprises, thought I won't find this rare cover, but found it aniway...

However, 100x100 pics is for me totally unusable, my tracks (as yours I guess) don't deserve a so low-rez pic. In most of the cases, when I manually go to google-pics, I do find a hi-rez pic, so my question was : when this pic exists on google, why won't vdj show it to me, but instead show me a 100x100 one ONLY. That was the point.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 4:06 am
It's up to the Google API. Most times the hi-res cover is after 30 or 40 hits. Vdj reads only 15 first results. Also Google always returns the most popular results. Unfortunately as you see, very low res images are more "popular" on the net (used more frequently)

PS: If we take Google out of the equation I always can find a cover on the 500+ pixels mark

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 1:03 am
Oh it uses an API :(

I thought that the size was willingly limited :(

Thank you Phantom to let me know.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 6:04 am

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 8:56 am
cpz379PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Isn't it possible to do that way in VDJ 8.? Thank you for helping us.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 9:38 am
vjmundyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Enable to edit all fields like V7.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 6:06 pm
groovindj wrote :
Using Google, you can specify an exact size via the search tools. Is that not in the API?

here's a link that specifies size

Forcing a size will dramatically limit results. Especially for "rare" files (that you don't get a result by Grooveshark, Amazon, iTunes e.t.c.)
If you force it to 500x500 and the file is somewhere on the net with 500x499 you won't get it as a result.
By all means the search cover is a suplementary function of the tag editor and honestly I believe it works better even from dedicated programs that are supposed to do just that (find covers)
Some times you "will" have to search manually to get the right cover on the right size. There's no automated procedure that guarantees 100% results

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 3:44 am
BTW:
The reason you usually get low size results from Google as I said is the "popularity" of the image. The more blogs e.t.c. use a given image, the more hits the image has, the more it raises on rank.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 3:47 am
Wishing Grooveshark will upload more Ultimix (Albums 198 to 211) and Funkymix (Albums 178 to 188). These Albums are great mixes and tracks are tag if the mixes is clean or dirty. I see a few Albums uploaded from (www.musicasparabaixar.org). Hope to see more soon. Thank you.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 9:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)