Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: New skin is on the way. Suggestions please.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The background of the skin is ready. I didn't recieve any help from the teamers so I made my own background. Black and white colors (greyscale)... more pleasing to the eye in a dark room.

Now for the more tedious work...

I decieded to have the same layout of buttons, sliders, displays as in my Silver skin. People have commented on it's good layout. So why change that...
But I will do some minor changes. DJ Rick suggested that I add some buttons for pitch-adjustment. (what value? +-2 or something?) And another gentlemen suggested some sliders for the volume.

But is there anything else?

It would be cool to know future features... but I've selected a design approach that enables me to make changes to a skin more easily and with better results. (Trying to add more features to a already packed skin, is simply no fun.)

I can't say when it is going to be ready... It all depends on my schedule.

- Jim

Posted Fri 26 Sep 03 @ 11:18 pm
Hi!

Why don t u make one version of ur skin without the scratching interface on it?

It will allow u to have more space for other stuff and maybe allow u to increase the size of the frequency bar :

Can u make the frequency bar bigger anyway with different sets of colors on it?

Some gain buttons to match , decrease or increase would be greatly appreciated too.

Continue ur good job!

Thanx

Thomas M

Posted Sat 27 Sep 03 @ 12:39 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A couple things I enjoy in a good skin... first, lot's of contrast between the 2 channel wav forms. I'm color blind, and on some of the nicer skins I find it difficult to tell the difference between the 2 moving wav forms when mixing.
Effecient use of space!! Use the space wisely. The more titles that can be displayed in the browsing windows the better! With Atomixmp3 I used the bpm 2nd generation skin because it displayed something like 30 tracks. This makes for easier browsing, and less scrolling.
I definately like the loop in/loop out/exit buttons on your silver skin Jim! I'm guessing you'll use these in your new skin.
Some features that I have liked in some of the other skins were the ability to click an up & down arrow on the gain for fine tuning. (I usually use just the mouse when DJing)
Also, the ability to click up and down arrows, or +/- symbols for fine pitch adjustments.
I've enjoyed using or trying your skins in the past! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with on this new skin!

Rick

Posted Sat 27 Sep 03 @ 10:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)