Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: V8 but by FRUiT - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Did you notice ?

- Each mixer's panel has its own 'Sides' menu, showing various elements related to the current tab

(Only 'audiomixer' and 'scratchmixer' do have one now, but it will be extended to other panels)

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 5:11 am
xgl_dj wrote :
I basically disable the rhythm window and the other stuff unchecked in the pic. I sometimes remove the crossfader too..

So, I wrote the custom button content :

skin_panel 'scratchmixer' on & skin_panel 'beat_matcher' off & skin_panel 'clock' on & skin_panel 'mastervumeter' off & skin_panel 'sandbox' off & skin_panel 'songpos_wheel' off & skin_panel 'nowave' on

Put this line in the action field of any custom buton you'd like to act as a 'stance trigger'. Once you trigger that new button, all the settled panels do show at the same time.

Warning, all the bold text is only one line.

What are the basics ?

You would use the 'skin_panel' action, with two parameters, the 'simple quoted' named panel and if it must show or not.

When you trigger a menu, it does the same, but only one panel at a time.

Each 'skin_panel' action and its two arguments, are separated with a simple '&' meaning to execute a bunch of action instead of one.

So if I wanted to show a panel named 'foo', and hide another named 'bar', I should have written :

skin_panel 'foo' on & skin_panel 'bar' off

Example :

Let's say you want your new stance to hide the crossfader by default. So you would ADD to the custom button :

& skin_panel 'cross_no' on

And so on.

In a near future, I'll provide here a list of all trigger-able panels and what they show. So you will be able to set yourself the custom button to show the panels you want, the skin being EXACTLY in the stance YOU expect. A kind of 'stance sdk' in a way...

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 5:47 am
fede74PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Fruit ..... and put a nice digital display instead of the spinning disc?? written with the time ... the pitch etc .... Display Type pionner but round?
You seem a bad idea? :-)

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 10:52 am
I have other projects for the jogwheel area (PADS).

But after this, well, why not a screen (but not round, don't really like round screens) that's a good idea.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 1:00 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Fruit - this works great thanks. I appended the crossfader section to the end of the script - works like a charm..

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 1:22 am
Happy to read that :)

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 3:55 am
Fruit, you are like a mad scientist. Do you ever sleep

Thanks again for great options for this skin!!

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 9:03 am
I just love you mates (and music) :x

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 9:17 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Lasst night Out side Bday party Played 5hr N/p Thanks FRUiT

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 4:27 pm
:megaproud:

Thank YOU so much dear :'), for partying with my work, this is the best reward a skinner may look for !

Thanks !

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 4:46 pm
New version has come :

-- v0.3 --

- better visual handling of swapped / mirrored decks
- tons of visual details adjusted
- 'clone deck' bug fixed
- double-able waveform's height
- timecode options (bypass, absolute, relative, smart)

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 5:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Looking good Fruit :)

Just a small advise... don't try to please them all :) I have the feeling that with all those features you keep adding, the skin will become heavier.

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 11:22 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Fruit - Please continue to please.. That attribute distinguishes you from others..

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 11:59 pm
djdad wrote :
Looking good Fruit :)

Just a small advise... don't try to please them all :) I have the feeling that with all those features you keep adding, the skin will become heavier.

Yes, in fact the one I want to please is me ! ^^

The magic thing there is : I'm adding more and more and more toggles and features, but the overall size of the skin decreases !!

v0.2 : 1 903 635 bytes
v0.3 : 1 886 089 bytes

(default v8 : 1 761 910 bytes)

So actually it becomes lighter, even if I doubled the number of rhythmzones.

The skin has 4978 lines, it is not so much. Combat skin has 13 576.

But you may be right regarding other resource types, don't want my skin to make people lag. I'm keeping an eye on this aspect !

Thank you :)

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 4:02 am
In fact I had a technical question.

When I have two panels, one showing while the other hides.

Does VDJ load the two panels at startup in memory and then show me the one I choose ?

OR

Does it load only one in memory (the one I see) while the other is kept down and loaded AT THE TIME I decide to show it ?

IMO, VDJ acts the second way cause I noticed something :

I have one panel named 'deckbar' which contains : the two decks, mixer, sidebars, so we can say it is a huge panel !

When I load VDJ in the 'above decks' stance, then change it to 'below decks', this panel is shown at another y pos, just like if there were TWO panels (but actually it is the exact same one, called in other conditions). So at the first call, the 'second' panel takes a time to show (about 1,5sec), but after this, when I switch it again, it shows instantly.

Then, if I wait a bit showing a stance (let's say 10min), I can notice AGAIN the loading time (1,5sec) so I think one of the stances is 'unloaded' from memory.

I can notice the same behavior with waveforms (but the loading time is much smaller).

But I may be wrong... What can you say about this Dad ? (or anyone else from the team).

???

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 4:24 am
cpz379PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Dear Fruit,

I've downloaded the update, version 03 of your skin and I also have to thank you for the very good skin and work. I have one question, is there a 6-deck skin and if yes, at this moment I can't find that skin.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 6:12 am
No, I will prepare a 6-decks skin as well, based on the 2-decks's layout, but I have to finish all the stuffs in that layout before.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 6:31 am
Another great looking update, how do you get the sampler to show in the middle like the pic??

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 9:38 am
Once you have clicked on the master's tab, it shows a menu instead of the icon in the tab. There you can choose between a few views, sidelist for example. This menu will be extended to show several new things.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 9:44 am
I downloaded this morning under the master tab there are no icons

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 9:56 am
10%