Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: V8 but by FRUiT - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
2 decks now it is an alpha version but it will become a 6 decks skin soon.

The default 4-decks skin is bundled in the package, but with darker colors according to my actual 2-decks (will improve this version too, later).

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 10:08 am
xgl_dj wrote :
Sometimes I have switch back to the default skin to check for bugs but when I switch back the options I choose in Fruit - reverts back to default.

I may be able to do something for this.

Explain me exactly what options / menus you trigger when the skin resets, and then I'll provide you the content for any custom button that will immediately show the stance you have chosen.

So anytime you re-change the skin, you click the button, and 'voilĂ ' !

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 3:01 pm
fede74PRO InfinityMember since 2006
my favorite skin ..... Thanks
I noticed that the cover on deck restart of virtual there 'more' (small bug)
For the rest really great,,, thanks for Rightclick on 'sync' button does autosync-n-play .... great job!

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 11:30 am
Thanks for the feedback !

I'm not sure I understand the cover part... Do you mean that the jogwheel resets when closing vdj ? If so it's not a bug, but an intended behavior. Do you think it should always stay even closing / opening the software ?

Feel free to give me advices and ideas, I'll do my best.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 3:04 pm
Wanted to do a small poll :

In your opinion, should the deck's colors stay as is (differenciated blue / red / prefer green ? ) ?

Or they should be undiffefenciated ?

If not, must it be an essential toggle, or not ?

Please tell me the argument(s) why you prefer that way.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 3:13 pm
Very good skin !! This is the one I use ;)
VDJ team should think about proposing it by default.

Fruit wrote :
Wanted to do a small poll :

In your opinion, should the deck's colors stay as is (differenciated blue / red / prefer green ? ) ?

Or they should be undiffefenciated ?

If not, must it be an essential toggle, or not ?

Please tell me the argument(s) why you prefer that way.

If it doesn't represent too much work, it could be a good idea to have an option allowing to choose each deck colors :)
Obviously, in order to respect VDJ style, initially you would keep VDJ standards (blue for deck 1, red for 2, etc)

Other thinks :

- Why not a toggle button Bold/Normal for browser font (near the two buttons A+ and A-) :)
- If would be good to have the possibilty to resize the waveforms height.
- In the mirrored waveforms display, it is possible to have the waveforms displayed like this picture

Instead of

Thanks a lot for your work !

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 6:35 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Im enjoying the skin (VirtualDJ 8 but by FRUiT.0.2) but when I clone_deck a deck it plays on 3&4 when I just using ONLY 2 player.is there any way that my music can only clone player 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 with out playing on 3&4 using a skin with just 2 decks.?

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 6:36 pm
Guillaume wrote :
Very good skin !! This is the one I use ;)
VDJ team should think about proposing it by default.

Thanks, glad to read that :)

Guillaume wrote :
If it doesn't represent too much work, it could be a good idea to have an option allowing to choose each deck colors :)
Obviously, in order to respect VDJ style, initially you would keep VDJ standards (blue for deck 1, red for 2, etc)

It represents a lot of work if replacing, far more if it's an option (not convinced that can happen but I'm brainstorming hard keeping in mind to avoid duplicate controls if possible). I'm not a big fan of differentiated decks colors but in the other hand as you said it's their standard... The skin is not intended to become the official default one though... Dunno, I'm lost LOL

Guillaume wrote :
- Why not a toggle button Bold/Normal for browser font (near the two buttons A+ and A-) :)

Mmm not sure if it's doable... When it's a customized browser (like the jukebox view) I can add buttons inside the views, but in the normal browser, buttons go under the browser layer.

Guillaume wrote :
- If would be good to have the possibilty to resize the waveforms height.

Feature is on the master plan, in my to-do list... The target is a double-able height. Should be a hard time. I'll start the job near the end of the skin thus.

Guillaume wrote :
- In the mirrored waveforms display, it is possible to have the waveforms displayed like this picture... instead of...

Done, sir !

Guillaume wrote :
Thanks a lot for your work !

You're welcome, thanks for your support :)

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 8:39 pm
asthedj wrote :
Im enjoying the skin (VirtualDJ 8 but by FRUiT.0.2) but when I clone_deck a deck it plays on 3&4 when I just using ONLY 2 player.is there any way that my music can only clone player 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 with out playing on 3&4 using a skin with just 2 decks.?

That's weird... not sure it's a skin related issue...

Does it happen in the internal default skin too ?

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 8:43 pm
I posted a pre 0.3

What's new ?

-- v0.28 --

- less lines, more features
- 2 new mirrored forms schemes
- revamped some buttons
- can flatten ui (only transport and knobs now)
- more knobs colors (green for headphones, neutral for custom knobs)
- other minor improvements and bugs wiped

I'm in holiday so I post the last work in a hurry, most likely the next version will come in august.

See ya my dear fellows keep up the good work !

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 9:38 pm
Fruit wrote :
asthedj wrote :

No. but the skin shows 2-6 decks, How about 2 like the internal default then 4-6 decks

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 10:58 pm
To answer your poll, I am not a fan of the blue/red decks. I know that they are a signature feature of virtual dj but to me ,as the software has matured, the decks should be the same color, more of a professional look. One of the things I had posted awhile back on the wish list forums was a toggle on each deck to allow us to choose the color of each deck, which I'm sure would be quite a bit of work.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/186247/Wishes_and_new_features/Choose_Color_of_Players.html?search=Deck%20color&page=1

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 3:26 am
Very good work Fruit !

Thank you for having implemented the "Edge grid" mirorred view !
I could note a black space (2 pixels height) between the 2 waveforms. Is it a choice or a "bug" ?

Have a good holiday ^^

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 7:57 am
T's a choice but thought the gap was 1px. Will have a closer look.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 9:51 am
Fruit wrote :
T's a choice but thought the gap was 1px. Will have a closer look.

Ok ! Nevertheless it's a simple detail :)

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 11:00 am
asthedj wrote :
Fruit wrote :
asthedj wrote :

No. but the skin shows 2-6 decks, How about 2 like the internal default then 4-6 decks

When you get this work out will there be a new update ?and I Only Dl skin from VDJ page

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 10:06 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Fruit wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
Sometimes I have switch back to the default skin to check for bugs but when I switch back the options I choose in Fruit - reverts back to default.

I may be able to do something for this.

Explain me exactly what options / menus you trigger when the skin resets, and then I'll provide you the content for any custom button that will immediately show the stance you have chosen.

So anytime you re-change the skin, you click the button, and 'voilĂ ' !

You are the man. I basically disable the rhythm window and the other stuff unchecked in the pic. I sometimes remove the crossfader too..

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 12:42 am
xgl_dj wrote :
You are the man. I basically disable the rhythm window and the other stuff unchecked in the pic. I sometimes remove the crossfader too..

Indeed, I agree with you, I'd prefer a higher "scratchform" without crossfader in the scrath tab :)

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 2:56 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Oh totally - I was thinking the same thing - longer scratch waves when the crossfader is not there. But that is up to Fruit :)

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 3:33 am
Will think about that :)

@ XGL : I am preparing your custom button, I'll put it there.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 5:03 am
8%