Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: V8 but by FRUiT - Page: 20

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Thanks guys!

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 3:36 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Np :)

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 3:47 pm
The solution to your problem is quite easy.
Use a mousemask!

In fact you can use <mouserec /> with width or height set to 0 This will keep the slider visible, but you will be able to click through it because VirtualDj always considers that the mouse is NOT over the slider

<mouserect x="+0" y="+0" width="440" height="0"/>

Posted Thu 05 Feb 15 @ 11:53 am
Mmm, didn't try that, I'll give it a shot, thank you Phantom :)

[EDIT] Tried a bit, seems to be working great.

Kinda tricky but... job done thanks again, brilliant idea !

Posted Thu 05 Feb 15 @ 3:57 pm
Hi Fruit.

I've switched over to your skin now, from CDS4. I was having some issues with it, ...it being a V7 skin. Here is the configuration I am using:

There are things that I really like, and things that I don't like, about both skins. I also have ideas of my own, having been using Serato and other brands for the last seven years. I would be glad to share my thoughts with you about this, if that prospect holds any interest for you. And, if so, it's a rather lengthy and detailed list. Would you prefer to proceed in this thread, or via private messaging?

Posted Tue 10 Feb 15 @ 10:50 pm
NP ...will do.

One question... while I'm here:

I'd like to use the pushbutton (not rotate) function of the browser scroll knob on my controller, to toggle back and forth between the 4 deck mixer view I'm using, and the full-screen browser view. I'm wondering... can you can help me any with the command syntax? Thanks.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 8:58 pm
action="skin_panel 'withdecks' ? skin_panel 'withnodecks2' on : skin_panel 'withdecks' on"

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 8:43 am
Oh, thanks buddy. I thought you had forgotten about me.

I couldn't get that to work at all. Then finally, I figured out the quotes had to come off...

Programming is lots of fun, isn't it! Well, compared to getting stabbed in the eye with a sharp stick, anyway... <sigh>

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 11:29 pm
Sorry man I have been pretty busy in my RL these days (decease).

Glad you figured it out :) cheers :)

Richmond wrote :
Programming is lots of fun, isn't it! Well, compared to getting stabbed in the eye with a sharp stick, anyway... <sigh>

Sure. In the other hand, discovering that you can understand and step by step get to new things, may be a great satisfaction.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 4:57 am
Fruit wrote :
Sorry man I have been pretty busy in my RL these days (decease).

No Fruit... you mean "disease"... "decease" is synonymous with death! No! We certainly wouldn't want that for you. You're the only person I've met on this forum who's been nice, knowledgeable, ...and helpful. No... we need more like you, not less.

Fruit wrote :
Glad you figured it out :) cheers :)

Oh, I'm a relentless hacker... If it can be deciphered, I'll eventually find a way. In this instance, I guess I should have known immediately. But some of these lines include quotes anyway, so with my limited understanding... well. you get the picture.

...and then I've also been hacking away at my controller mapper for a few days, and that's worn me down quite a bit. Apparently there is no comprehensive programming guide available from VDJ or anywhere else. I've searched diligently. So one is left to decipher what he can from existing code, and what he can glean from others more knowledgeable than himself. Thankfully, there are one or two like you, who are willing to share.

Fruit wrote :
Sure. In the other hand, discovering that you can understand and step by step get to new things, may be a great satisfaction.

Oh, yeah... well sure, it'd be great, if only there were a book available. "VDJ script for dummies"... Haha.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 9:23 am
"No Fruit... you mean "disease"... "decease" is synonymous with death! No! We certainly wouldn't want that for you. You're the only person I've met on this forum who's been nice, knowledgeable, ...and helpful. No... we need more like you, not less."

a big +1 for that!

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 9:28 am
disease = illness (maladie)

deceased = dead (mort)

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 9:41 am
VDJ Script and skinning for dummies ..... great idea for a book and it would sell too.

One of the great failings since I started coming here in 2008 is to make skinning and mapping understandable for normal people.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 1:02 pm
"normal" lol

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 1:55 pm
IMO skinning is mostly quite understandable. If you can construct a web page by hand from raw HTML then you should be able to manage skinning.

A bit of image editing skill too and you'll be riding that bike. :-)

Luckily for me I was around at the birth of the www and got to witness first hand people's attempts at creating web pages. I learned (as did many at the time) by reverse engineering existing pages & sites. The XML used for VDJ skins is not that different to how early web sites were made with basic HTML.

Scrpit OTOH - well we've all seen the stuff locodog comes up with. OMG!

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 2:12 pm
I meant death, we lost my last grandmother last week :'(

Sorry for not being everywhere the few next days / weeks...

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 2:21 pm
Veuillez recevoir mes condoléances les plus sincères et croire en mes respectueux sentiments.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 2:30 pm
Sorry to hear that, good you are back with us :)

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 4:11 pm
Fruit wrote :

Sorry for not being everywhere the few next days / weeks...

Family first buddy. Condolences to you and your family.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 4:48 pm
Fruit wrote :

Oh, sorry to hear that. Well on the good side, at least we can now be relieved to find out that you, yourself aren't ill. :)

Obviously I misinterpreted your statement, but you had me concerned for a moment.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 8:07 pm
52%