Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Version 8 backspin - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RadiOnlineChile wrote :
nothing is more easy than "a simple click", that was how it was working before, in VDJ 7.

a "workaround" is a "temp fix" only, valid, but require manual intervention (modifications in mappers, etc), and compared vs "a simple click" is not easy.

You've been given options, sometimes it's not as easy as "fix it". I understand you are put-out, but folks have offered solutions and rather than a "thanks but that didn't work" or "I don't prefer that method" you speak rudely with folks offering help. This software requires "manual intervention" sometimes. That is one of the strengths... we can intervene when needed, make changes where we see fit. If simply renaming the old plug in works, do it and quit whining like a child.

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 7:40 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@Dj Akdls, Quote; Renaming and using vdj7 backspin in vdj8 works. But it doesn't engage precisely on activation/

I've noticed if you have the effect in a slot then it is instant, I think it's down to the fact that if the program isn't ready then it takes a couple of 10ths of a second to make it happen,
I wonder if I kept the effect in a slot (even an invisible one!) I could make it play nice with the beatgrid? *pondering*

@TDBennett I like your attitude,
'It should just work' is sometimes a valid argument, but 'It should just work the way I want it to' is selfish and lazy. Keep learning, test it till it breaks!

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 8:16 am
So technically, Vdj7 backspin needs upgrading in order for it to function flawlessly in Vdj8. That of the Vdj8 is cool in it own way, not so bad. But this upgrading, it kind of taking forever. Some of us can't do without Vdj8, it just comes with so much. But all could have been perfect if it had had a little touch of it younger brother(Vdj7), in terms of backspining.

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 2:16 am
Vdj 7 backspin does not work during loop, when using it in Virtual dj 8. I use Vdj7 backspin alongside loop ( ie. loop 1/4, 0/2 or 1) to give the scratching effect you would have with external turntables. Renamed Vdj 7 backspin works fine in Vdj8, but unfortunately, V7 backspin doesn't initiate, if you're in loop 2, 1 , 1/2 or 1/4. Any help on how to fix it? Big ups in advance.

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 12:25 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 10:55 am
Thanks Locodog, but how do I add the script [set 'rsGainBS' '`gain' & gain -20% & slip on & effect_active 'backspin' & repeat_start_instant 'rsiBackSpin' 10ms & effect_active 'backspin' 1 ? nothing : repeat_stop 'rsiBackSpin' & play & slip off & get_var 'rsGainBS' & param_cast & gain] to vdj? Thanks again

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 7:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)