Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Version 8 backspin - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

wfitchPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello fellow DJ's!

First off, LOVING VERSION 8!

I am looking for information regarding the backspin effect in V8. In 7, you could do a backspin, and then go right back into the song. V8 seems to stop the song after the effect.

i was wondering if this is by design, was a setting that needs to be changes, or if there are any plans on making a backspin that would not stop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DJW

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 8:14 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
One of theV7 backspin effects still works you just have to change it's name,, you just need to change it's name (I don't think it saves settings but you can sort that out onint/on use.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 4:40 am
the idea is not use workarounds or manual temp fixes (like start using the old effects).

is the new effect that should be fixed.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 11:09 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello.

I have crayer a keyboard shortcut and I put this Script

deck 1 effect_active 1 & play

deck 2 effect_active 1 & play

A pressure for the bracksin and another that music then continue play

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 3:18 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Pulling one of those wheel things backwards seems to do the trick for me.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 3:39 am
Backspin is something you do to a track when you are done with it.

That being said, I tried messing with some macros using the Backspin, firing it off with both the 'Backspin' command and firing it off as Effect_Active 'Backspin', both had the same effect. After you fire off the command, it always goes to pause, even when adding commands like "Backspin & Play".

Sorry, looks like you are stuck. Maybe create a backspin sound and add it to a sample bank, and when you want the backspin sound, fire it off as a one-shot sample.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 9:08 pm
No, rename the V7 backspin (dll) effect to backspin1, likewise overloop, also brake and V7 functionality is restored
Atomix didn't like them so V8 ignores the stock names, rename them and they are restored and available to use

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 9:25 pm
DjRatRHome userMember since 2010
Ignition808 wrote :
Obviously you're not that creative of a DJ. :p

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 10:22 pm
yaetownPRO InfinityMember since 2010
DjRatR wrote :
Ignition808 wrote :
Obviously you're not that creative of a DJ. :p

Agreed... I use it a lot more than for ending a song or transitions....

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 6:47 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

It's the most annoying and over-used effect but go right ahead ;).

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 4:28 am
How about just activating slip mode before you trigger the effect? :-)

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 5:10 pm
"How about just activating slip mode before you trigger the effect? :-)"

does not work.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 6:35 pm
What you need is to dump on a button, crank the pitch up to +100% pull the slider down to -100% on another button undump & sync, it's just that easy :-)

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 7:53 pm
nothing is more easy than "a simple click", that was how it was working before, in VDJ 7.

a "workaround" is a "temp fix" only, valid, but require manual intervention (modifications in mappers, etc), and compared vs "a simple click" is not easy.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 8:23 pm
I was joking.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 8:31 pm
Renaming and using vdj7 backspin in vdj8 works. But it doesn't engage precisely on activation. There is some slight delay, unlike when the effect is being used in it original version. And again, you can't change speed and length of the effects settings. Maybe vdj7 backspin should just be upgraded in order to fit perfectly in vdj8 or better still the new vdj8 backspin should be worked on - it shouldn't pause tracks when disengaged.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 8:01 am
You can change the settings, I'm not sure if the settings save but I set the dials on effect_activate.

Although I'd live to see a V8 incarnation of slipped backspin and slipped brake.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 8:25 am
Gotta admit the old backspin worked much better

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 5:01 pm
I agree but the V7 effect really doesn't like the V8 beatgrid effect, (very likely to cause a crash)

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 5:08 pm
I agree, the backspin in 8 leaves a lot to be desired, as do a host of other effects that worked well in 7. The devs are aware of these shortcomings, and I am sure they will address these issues.

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 2:01 am
77%