Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: post fader FX - Page: 12

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
HW mixers can be done only if XF sends midi, you'd then have to have a clone of deck 1 as an invisible deck (say d4) assigned to the opposite side of the XF (so D4 and D2 would share outputs in Audio config). D4 would be faded down (SW up faders) until XF is closed to d1, when the XF is closed to d1 then the SW up fader would open and d4s volume FX would close.

Quite a bit to it and I'm not sure if would sound right.

There may be another way with the gear but I'm not at all sure.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 8:00 pm
Yeah I remember you saying that before, I just maybe you and that other cat had swapped codes for that vst he had made.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 10:22 pm
Ok so I was rereading through this thread and I got to the part of trying my DJM T1 with the hardware crossfader set to "THRU" and the postfader fx's worked perfectly!!

I thought I had already tried it but it didn't work, well looks like I was wrong! No weird sound setup or anything. It's set as an external mixer an were good!!

Here's a quick clip, https://instagram.com/p/3-YfR4JNj5/

I'll hook up my DJM 850 tomorrow and see if I can get the same results.

But I'd still like to that guys VST?? Anybody know where he is or how to get ahold of him??

Big ups Loco 🙏

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 10:34 pm
He never publicly released anything, I've his sauce for a vdj pluging, but there's a lot of maths that I don't understand, maybe his YT would be quickest way to contact him.

His version of volume is better but the way it switches on leaves a bit to be desired

turn volume on d1, then d2, then turn the desired deck echo, as opposed to one button per deck.
I'll send him a msg he may permit me tweaking it.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 11:03 pm
Well I can work with this the way it is now, I just have to remember to set the hardware switch back when not using PFFX's and no headphones when using PFFX's also. Both I can live with 👍

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 11:13 pm
Nice vid btw.

His way was a hardware mod, he too had to flick a switch, I suppose he'll now have as something that VDJ sends a signal to switch from VCA to midi when vol fx is on both decks.
Maybe it's possible with the pioneer but I don't know the gear,

maybe djdad can shed some light, Can XF thru (on the TM1) be switched via VDJ or is it external?

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 11:38 pm
Thanks, I had my son hold my phone which is why it's so shaky 😜

I also hit up that guys youtube channel and left a comment. App earthly he's rewrote the plugin but I'm not sure when he's gonna release it.

Maybe soon now that he knows were still looking into this, lol!!

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 11:26 am
Like I said I have his source code, if he permits I could make into "turn on his vol FX on one deck, turns it on for both decks, and slot reverb and echo ready to be picked on slots 2 & 3" but YT won't accept my comments and I haven't found a direct contact.

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 11:36 pm
Hi! Im back ;-)

Sorry for taking so long!
I´ve done some changes and my current shedule is to test them on my real set tomorrow evening and then submit the plugin on saturday. The plugin ("XLFade") comes with a linefade as well, so you can map a CF + LF for each side. I will also release the sourcecode along, you are very wellcome to do modifications in it and release them or let me merge them ;-)

If you drop a PM, I will provide you a DL link for the newest binary version tomorrow (Windows), as I guess it will take some time before the plugin actually gets hosted in the official DL-area and maybe somebody wants to play arround during the weekend.

Posted Thu 18 Jun 15 @ 5:29 pm
Sounds good bro!!

I definetly wanna give this a spin, PM coming your way 👌

Posted Thu 18 Jun 15 @ 6:58 pm
Well I go a copy of XLFade and it's pretty smooth. My headphones stop working just like when I use Loco's script but I think that's due to my mixer being an analog mixer first.
I'll have to dig out my DDJ-SB and see if the headphone problem is still there.

So far so good!! You'll rock!! Hopefully it gets released for the other members in general.

Posted Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 1:06 pm
Hey thanks for your feedback!
I already submitted the version I sent you. Hopefully it gets online some time next week :-)

Posted Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 11:35 am
Just a quick update, I've tried the plugin with my DJM 850 and with Andeejay43b's plugin I have post fader fx's on all 4 decks!! Still have the problem of no headphones with either of my mixers but I can deal with it 👍

Still haven't seen the plugin in the download section but hopefully they'll get it released soon 🙏

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 4:47 pm
Cool, I did not try on 4 Decks since I always use traditional 2 channel battle-mixers. I guess it needs some mapping on which channels the faders need to be active?

Regarding the release unfortunately my plugin submission was refused (last thursday) without any notice so far. I pm´ed one of the atomix staff but he might be on holidays. I will certainly try to get more information on that.

Currently I´m working with a PMC05 Pro IV, I guess setting it up seamless (i.e. Headphones + PPFX can work together) will be the same as with a DJM series mixers. Locodog already provided some hints, but it needs investigation. Once I got feedback about the plugin submission I will look into that!

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 5:11 am
Well that kinda stinks but hopefully it's figured out soon. I bet it has to do with the headphones not working.

As for the 4 deck thing, that was just a test to see if it could be done and yup it works perfect 👍

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 9:37 am
@andeejay43b,

Any chance of getting a mac version??

Locos scripts work on the Mac side just fine its just that I think the VST sounds cleaner.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 1:32 am
Ok big ups to Loco and everyone who helped make this possible but now we need the TEAM/VDJ programmers to figure out how to get the head phones to work???

Please can you guys fix this?? We need to be able to cue up tracks. Please I'm begging you now

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 8:21 pm
What's needed is pfl pre fx, another user asked me about the very same issue.

but higher on the drawing board I'd rather see a re routing fx, that passes the sound up the chain but also to another output source.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 9:55 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
locodog wrote :
What's needed is pfl pre fx, another user asked me about the very same issue.

but higher on the drawing board I'd rather see a re routing fx, that passes the sound up the chain but also to another output source.

Ok was me ,but with this new method I will try!!!

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 5:40 am
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Ok big ups to Loco and everyone who helped make this possible but now we need the TEAM/VDJ programmers to figure out how to get the head phones to work???

Please can you guys fix this?? We need to be able to cue up tracks. Please I'm begging you now

Thanks for metion this issue ,I join in beg........plz.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 5:42 am
92%