Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Clipbank in version 8 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Sven DeKay wrote :

the Sampler have no option to configure it as Audio Only Option

.....but surely you can play a video clip on the sampler (such as shadow dancers) so it will show on the video output when an audio file is playing on a deck - and it will be synced to the audio CBG.

I think it could probably be scripted to check if a deck is playing and start automatically too.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 1:06 pm
jenhen wrote :
Telly media can be your audio only option (also better than clipbank)
VDJ is not good for Macs IMO

Why Not ?!?!?!?!?!

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 1:11 pm
jenhenPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Because hardly any plugins work with Mac Not your fault but just the way it is

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 1:13 pm
for me is the automatic important. I wann whenever i Play a Audio file
A Plug in or Option or whatever Automatic Play some Videos I have previously determined

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 1:24 pm
Have you tried Telly media my friend?

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 1:37 pm
My Friend I Have MacBook

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 1:40 pm
lol oh yeah that's right. Sorry

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 1:42 pm
with Mac i have no other Option
Clipbank runs on Mac and v7 very good but now V8 there is no more the Clipbank :(

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 1:47 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
jenhen wrote :
Tayla
I don't understand why you say that? everything clipbank can do Sampler can do plus more.

1. you can edit samples before you play them.
2. You can add unlimited numbers of samples

Then on top of that add Telly media then you can
1. re-size the video output
2 have multiple video windows

Its a no brainer IMHO

If you don't understand, please check out v7 ClipBank with the Random plugin together and see for yourself, then try to do the same in v8..

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 2:25 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
No direspect to Dons excellent plugin, but why should users need to depend on a third party plugin for something that was available previously, if that is the case, then you can't call V8 an update but a downgrade for video users, once again V8 video sampler if it gets the tweaks it deserves will be superb.

Jenjen, without being disrepectful to you, I know what the hell I'm talking about and under the terms of confidentiality that I signed four years ago, I can't tell you why I know what I'm talking about, but if you like I can make just a few suggestions as to what in my opinion as the video sampler stands today would bring it to a point where a lot more users would enjoy using it. But they would only be my thoughts as what I would like to see and whether or not other users would agree with me, maybes they would like to add their own ideas also.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 2:30 pm
The one and only problem I have with sampler is that it won't play more than one sample at a time. I wish I could click one and have the rest run in a sequence.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 7:31 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
If you don't understand, please check out v7 ClipBank with the Random plugin together and see for yourself, then try to do the same in v8..

o - I don't understand why you would want to create ClipBank0, ClipBank1, etc because you wanted more than 12. TM has always supported 48 at a time and loadable in groups of 48 at anytime.

o - I don't understand why you would want to use Random plugin. I mean do you like the way it changes the plugin display when you are trying to work on another display or maybe it doesn't matter the way you work. TM has always had random built in with convenience. Scott added a couple patches for ClipBank for you because apparently there was no one else that would do it for real.

o - Do you like the gray thumbnails in ClipBank or the fact no one ever updated it?

o - Do you like that ClipBank cannot play transparent videos as overlays as in TM?

o - Do you like that ClipBank has no size control, no apsect ratio adjustment, as in TM?

o - Do you know that TM can play more video and images formats (including animated GIF and animated PNG) then any other player I know of?

I don't mind if you don't use TM but when you say you can't do this or that in V8 or V7 with TM or TV, I would like to know what you can't do that you could do with ClipBank. I hope you know I am responsive to suggestions.

You can read thru the previous post and maybe you can begin to realize why TM is not available for MAC,

in addition TM includes:

o - best camera support in both V7 and V8 with green and blue screen removal and more.

o - best slideshow in both V7 and V8 - if you don't think so say why - I am being objective and not trying to ruffle feathers

http://www.tellyvisuals.com

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 2:21 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I have a simple video clip playback plugin in alpha testing for PC & Mac users. It's not massively configurable, it's intended to be a relatively simple affair.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 2:54 pm
I agree with Don 100%

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 3:36 pm
Don Moir wrote :
JoeyKJ wrote :

o - I don't understand why you would want to create ClipBank0, ClipBank1, etc because you wanted more than 12. TM has always supported 48 at a time and loadable in groups of 48 at anytime.

o - I don't understand why you would want to use Random plugin. I mean do you like the way it changes the plugin display when you are trying to work on another display or maybe it doesn't matter the way you work. TM has always had random built in with convenience. Scott added a couple patches for ClipBank for you because apparently there was no one else that would do it for real.

o - Do you like the gray thumbnails in ClipBank or the fact no one ever updated it?

o - Do you like that ClipBank cannot play transparent videos as overlays as in TM?

o - Do you like that ClipBank has no size control, no apsect ratio adjustment, as in TM?

o - Do you know that TM can play more video and images formats (including animated GIF and animated PNG) then any other player I know of?

I don't mind if you don't use TM but when you say you can't do this or that in V8 or V7 with TM or TV, I would like to know what you can't do that you could do with ClipBank. I hope you know I am responsive to suggestions.

You can read thru the previous post and maybe you can begin to realize why TM is not available for MAC,

in addition TM includes:

o - best camera support in both V7 and V8 with green and blue screen removal and more.

o - best slideshow in both V7 and V8 - if you don't think so say why - I am being objective and not trying to ruffle feathers

Don please Mac !!!

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 6:41 pm
The goal is to combine the features of TM and TV into a single stand alone application and plugin for both windows and mac. This will take quite some time though.

Probably the way this will pan out, is to make TV mac ready first as a stepping stone and then move on from there. You can already run TM and TV without needing VDJ but this will be improved greatly.

Whether you use TM or TV or not, you can help with this process by donating. I donate an extreme amount of hours on all this already.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 5:08 am
SBDJ, please could you share with me your video playback plugin as I'm a MAC user and could definetly make a good use of it.

thk!

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 9:06 am
rade14PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I need put a loop video only in my mp3 files. i cant setup (Video Audio Only Visualization) clipbank or similar.

Posted Thu 14 May 15 @ 10:43 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The slideshow can play video files and be used as an audio only visual.

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 5:33 am
rade14PRO InfinityMember since 2009
thank you... its not the same because y have a diferents visual (6seg) and i cant loop it. but i try to use it.. my best regards.

Posted Sat 16 May 15 @ 11:35 am
92%