Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Clipbank in version 8 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Where as Clipbank gone in version 8??? I can get videos playing in sampler but I need it to play clips when im playing a audio track & a video when im playing a video without having to trigger it off all the time.. I have trying linking video to mp3 but if I do that its going to take years link all my mp3s. all I need is it the same as version 7... I can't really use 8 till I can play a clipbank.. :(

hope someone can help me out..

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 3:12 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There is no clipbank at present.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 3:20 pm
is any of the VDJ team working on 1.. ????

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 3:37 pm
A solution is in the works...

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 4:36 pm
Thank you team VDJ ... Awesome .. Give me chance to get use to the other cool stuff in 8 ..:-)

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 4:56 pm
any progress yet on this issue?

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 9:49 pm
anb0034PRO InfinityMember since 2014
The clipbank is built in to the sampler. In you're sampler window go to video and scratch and that's where you put your clips.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 2:09 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
He is on about the functions Clipbank had that are not available in the new video sampler, hopefully the dev team will pick up on some of the suggestions that have been made and these would make for an awesome video sampler, however, current fixes and workload will be a factor before they will look at any fixes I would imagine.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 2:19 pm
tayla wrote :
He is on about the functions Clipbank had that are not available in the new video sampler, hopefully the dev team will pick up on some of the suggestions that have been made and these would make for an awesome video sampler, however, current fixes and workload will be a factor before they will look at any fixes I would imagine.

+1

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 6:50 pm
seriously! I need the clipbank function to play loops while I'm playing audio tracks. This is crazy. For those of us that use virtual dj for video djing and karaoke this "upgrade" has been like punishment. Can we get some help here? I need the functionality of Vmix 5.4 in version 8. What good does it do to have "the best program" if it doesn't function. I'm at the point of looking for a different program.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 10:22 pm
I also do video, and for now I use milkdrop and slideshow. These are set to activate automatically. I load my video clips into the video sampler, and activate.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 11:05 pm
gentlemen ? if you give it more of a try , you will find that you can still " clipbank" .....it's different and some ease of use has been sacrificed for more features ....... btw that was AMaHM ...... if you're anything like me, and i know i am, you can always trust a man in a pith helmet ......

Posted Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 4:30 pm
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
How could they rebuild VDJ without Clipbank. It is the number one feature that video Djs use. They took a great functioning VDJ 7 and messed it up with VDJ 8. All we needed in VDJ 7 was a better sound engine. Now we have VDJ 8 with all these problems. I have to revert to using VDJ 7 until they fix VDJ 8, which I estimate will take years. I am not a happy user.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 3:47 am
I appreciate your frustration, but it won't take years for a Clipbank solution to be re-implemented. PC users already have TellyVisuals for example.

Not all video DJs use Clipbank; I almost never used it in v7.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 7:36 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I used it all the time, for years ...and still do because of this and other features that are missing in action in v8, so still using v7 because there is no choice...and in addition v7 has become an orphan child as far as updates for those of us who still uses it to make a living and need to keep things consistent...

..so very disappointed...

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 9:37 pm
Anybody any further on with this problem.. I really want to move to VJ8 .. but still holding off because of the clipbank problem .. the video sampler it awesome for loops & countdowns but still need clipbank functions like auto start clip when Mp3 is playing .... ???

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 6:23 am
So since it won't take years to fix....... how long WILL it take? And I understand that you may not have used it, but it is a very important feature for many video dj's. We would hope that since it is important to us, it would be important to you. I LOVE VDJ, I've been on it since version 5, but I have to say that lately the attitude seems to be "VDJ is great.....so just wait". I asked about the clip bank function day 1 that vdj 8 came out. I am surprised that it seems the developers seem to be unaware about how important it is to many of us. I just want the ability to have a video clip play when I load mp3s. lol. is that so hard to ask?

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 11:30 pm
this feature is VERY important to corporate dj's and those of us that do stage shows.

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 11:32 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You might want to check out the 'slideshow' plugin in the latest build of v8. It can now also play video, so simply select SlideShow as audioOnlyVisualisation, and change the settings of the slideshow plugin to have video activated, and point it to the folder where you keep the video you want to use during audio playback.

Posted Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 3:19 am
It's not working for me. When I get to the folder with the videos to pick from, there's nothing there. It actually says no items match your search.

Posted Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 3:58 am
31%