Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Effects - Wishes & new features - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
So a centre dipped CF would be 0=[1,0]/0.5=[0.25, 0.25]/1=[0,1]
That might be a bit harsh maybe 0=[1,0]/0.5=[0.40, 0.40]/1=[0,1]

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 3:05 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
But with that you can't get a real curve, it is a straight line with a break point at the middle.

Also, in your graphic with the dipped curve, when the Xfader is 0.5, the volumes would rather be 0.8 or 0.7... If you set the middle point to 0.7 each side you pretty get the 'smooth' preset...

But what I found so far, you may have multiple settled 'crossfade points'. Kind of :

crossfader_curve "0=[1,0]/0.3=[0.85,0.6]/0.5=[0.8,0.8]/0.7=[0.6,0.85]/1=[0,1]"

Sorry for whoring my skin again but in this one ONLY, you may show the levels on the Xfader slider, so you can, in a way, monitor what the custom curve does (that's how I found we can set multiple points)

The point here is, with multiple crosspoints you can 'break' your straight line more times than once and simulate a curve. Could be a way to have a 'dipped curve' with the good values and much more 'crosspoints'.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 5:44 pm
groovindj wrote :
locodog wrote :
He wants CF @0% = lows on 1 50% lows on 2 0%, CF@50% lows on both 25%, CF@100% lows on 1 0% lows on 2 50%,

Yeah, that's where I was at on one of my earlier posts - but I don't think that's ideal.

Normally what you'd do is kill the bass on the incoming track, crossfade to 50%, gradually increase incoming bass whilst decreasing outgoing bass, then finish crossfading.

....or not use the crossfader at all! Just bring in the new track (with lowered bass) using the channel fader, then do the EQ thing, then lower the other channel fader.

Yes this was what i had in mind..

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 9:33 pm
Which part?

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 4:36 am
Normally what you'd do is kill the bass on the incoming track, crossfade to 50%, gradually increase incoming bass whilst decreasing outgoing bass, then finish crossfading.

....or not use the crossfader at all! Just bring in the new track (with lowered bass) using the channel fader, then do the EQ thing, then lower the other channel fader.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 5:57 am
tying that action to the crossfader..

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 5:59 am
That's the problem though - it's not all one action.

1) lower bass on B
2) move crossfader from A to centre
3) raise bass on B + lower bass on A (rate and timing adjusted on the fly)
4) move crossfader from centre to B

Maybe VDJ ought to bring in automation scripting...

[thinking] it could be done with action POIs added to specific tracks I think, but they'd be attached to those tracks only and would happen every time you played them.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 6:11 am
Automatic scripting is sort of possible with the macro scripts and a 3 custom buttons, but it's a bit of a dark art and not yet practical for a standard user, I made a thread about it but nobody was interested Search technical for ' cheese toast '
Or you could load a track of silence on a third deck in a loop that has action POI queries the CF and effects the bass on decks 1 & 2 but in both cases it would have to be a stupidly long script

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 8:40 am
Can I add to this request thread the ability to turn off the POS behavior in relation to the cue button. It messes up my workflow because I may pause a track then hit the cue button expecting to snap to the cue point (or the start of the track if there r no hot cues yet) but instead it drops a blue POS line and then I'm stuck winding the track back by hand.

The ability to map my Compatable Songs filter folder to a dedicated controller button would be really helpful.

Finally, why on earth would you remove the browser zoom? That's just crazy. I shouldn't have to use a special skin for such a common sense feature.

Peace

Posted Sun 17 Aug 14 @ 12:10 am
allstar720, try using this script in place of the cue mapping,
stop
'Stop' cycles the cues.

Posted Sun 17 Aug 14 @ 3:01 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
allstar720 wrote :
The ability to map my Compatable Songs filter folder to a dedicated controller button would be really helpful.

Just map this action to a button of your controller:

browser_gotofolder "Compatible Songs"

If your compatible songs folder has got another name, use that name instead.
FYI, the name of the folder is not case sensitive.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 4:50 am
I would love to see more user friendly set up for video effects/options in upcoming updates.

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 7:20 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Deck 1 or 2 sound effect to master ( not with mastereffect or button with mute sound from channel )
inspiration mixvibes cross 3 or high ( ideal solution)

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 10:17 am
I'm new to using the plugins on videos, I recently switched over from mixmeister & I'm having trouble getting most of the plugins to work ( Also having trouble actually editing them, ex. text or changing any settings in the plugin) I searched through the threads & had trouble finding any "how to guides" on utilizing them.

& a wish of mine is to have the strip club plug in updated to v8.

Also when trying to install the notepad I get a ( install error 7 )

I'm really enjoying using the program in all the clubs I work ( 3 in 2 different states ) & I would love to fully learn the in/outs of the program. any links - screen shots in helping with this would be greatly appreciated:)

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 3:56 pm
carter1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
It would be great if VDJ8 would change the color of the song titles automatic when you play the song, this would give an indication on which songs that you often play at a gig
Just in case you are like me at age 54 and forget some of the good songs that you would normally play. The colour it changes to is not important.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 1:49 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
carter1 wrote :
It would be great if VDJ8 would change the color of the song titles automatic when you play the song, this would give an indication on which songs that you often play at a gig
Just in case you are like me at age 54 and forget some of the good songs that you would normally play. The colour it changes to is not important.

Use a filter (best of) counter play

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 3:20 am
VDJ takes flak for it's sound effect quality, I think this is undeserved and believe it's because how they're packaged people don't really know how to chain them.

I propose an effect chaining system that simplifies it for the non script savvy, and makes it quicker for all users.

Imagine a page, at the top you have a gain dial at the bottom an upfader and in the middle empty slots for fx. Now users drag and drop fx in ,
Ok pretty useless so far, but now imagine you can save this chain and call it a name you can recall in a similar way as to how fx work now (given their own fx folder like visuals/sfx etc)
effect_active 'AGivenChainName'
or like you can now select from a list
effect__select +1

Ok this is a decent saving on script length/time but now imagine the sliders of the FX on this page are visible and you can link them to a HW slider, And this HW slider is only linked when, effect_active 'AGivenName' == 1 ( the machine does the mapping invisibly)
My thinking gets woolly here because there are a few ways that I can see to link, linear inverted, scaled, ping-pong or freehand and this is the bit that really needs thought to avoid a timesink
I took inspiration from the dictator slider http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/products/Turnado/details.php?lang=en

*edit one more thing, if these chain settings were exportable it would make much more sense*

Essentially it won't lt really be able to do anything 'new' because it's all existing script, it just makes it quicker and more accessible. (let the machine do the hard scripting)
Fingers crossed it'll make it into V12. :-)
How would others imagine VDJ fx chain evolution?

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 5:51 am
Might create or adapt Echo EFX500 thanks to virtual 8 thanks ???

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 11:48 pm
cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Resonance knob for the cahnnel filter
A&H Filter Mode for EQ (Hi = HPF, Mid = Reso, Low = LPF)

Posted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 2:56 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
cj-jan wrote :
Resonance knob for the cahnnel filter

Map a knob to filter_resonance

Posted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 5:22 am
22%