Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: projector suggestions?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello i am hopeing to add a projector to my mobile set. I was wondering if anyone useing a projector might be able to suggest what to look for or watch out for.
So far im looking at the acer h5380bd at around the 500$ mark and the benq 1070 or 1080st at around 1000 $ (if i can save that mutch) thank you.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:23 am
Short throw, 3000+ lumens and HDMI are what I look for. BenQ is nice but you don't need to spend a grand for a nice machine. You are going to want a portable screen so keep that expense in mind. Also, check Amazon for Stellar Labs projector stand, very handy device.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 5:45 pm

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:42 pm
Remote features are extremely handy. I'm talking about lens shift, focus, zoom, keystone.
Its not the end of the world if you don't have those. They are found on more expensive machines but if you are mobile and constantly find yourself at new venues where the same setup won't present itself in every case then you WILL appreciate those remote controlled functions.
I honestly feel that under 3500 lumens is a waste but you know your market, venues etc. Plus a machine might list 3500 lumens in the specs but yet it could be overshadowed by a 3000 lumen machine.
It's a good idea to check projector central to see exactly what distances your machine of choice can do as throw distance is a deal breaker. Trust me space is the governing factor when it comes to projector setup. Good luck.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 12:24 am
Check B&H there customer service is tops on projectors. They will give you few ideas on what brands to use. Cheers!

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 3:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)