Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Terminal Mix 4 Complete Audio Loss - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Could we please have a screenshot of your Audio Setup ?
Could you also please try to delete the lines for the LineIn and the Mic and leave just the ones for the Master and Headphones (in case you are using the default audio Setup) and see if this happens still ?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:51 am
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
@DJDAD

Appreciate your feedback. I need time to do this as my TM4 is at the nightclub I work at. I am off this weekend so I only will get access again next wednesday, Please bear with me and check back on Thursday. They also have CDJ2000 nexus so I will go ahead and test with that as well, just for good measure ;). However, the controller is my preferred device.

Once again, thank you for looking into this.

Regards!

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 12:42 am
@djdad
Here is an example from the Herculese 4mx, which I have at home.

I loaded your skin, then plugged in 4mx. This time the program did not crash (presumably with your skin it does not crash). I loaded a song to the deck, pressed play. No sound. Then I noticed something very weird. There was NO CROSSFADER! (See picture). Then I used the mouse the click on the crossfader section on the screen and it suddenly appeared and the sound came on.

As stated in above post, I can only test the TM4 after wednesday.

Thanks

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 12:54 am
Same result with TM4. If you plug in the controller after the software starts, using the vertical 4 skin, the crossfader goes missing and sound s not available. When I use mouse to click on the crossfader section, the fader reappears and sound comes on.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 7:42 am
This is purely a skin bug and not a software one. I will fix that in the next update of the skin.
The skin queries the crossfader_curve and displays graphics depending on the selection. The TM4 has a crossfader_curve knob , so when you plug the device, it picks up the position of the fader, and changes the curve to USER, The skin was querying the value and was displaying the graphics, but here was no graphics for the USER value. Will fix.

Let me know of any other issue. But this one will be addressed in the Skins Forum

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 9:29 am
Ah! Thank you! I was actually a lazy fellow and did not test it with the default skin as promised. I will do so again tonight and see if the other problem is still there. I like your skin though, so if it is fixed then I will probably be using that anyway. Please please please could you also show the audio bitrate in your browser. It is super important to me because I have tons of music videos with similar names (different versions, of varying quality) and I need to quickly see the audio bitrate before I play it on my club system, which definitely exposes low bitrate audio.

thanks again

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 3:49 am
I checked the default (4 deck skin) with TM4. Audio still goes dead when I switch between the tabs inbetween a video mix.

However, I used it the whole night on wednesday with the vertical 4 deck skin and it did not crash. However, there was another weird behaviour after about 3 hours of playing. While I was scratching the left deck, I found the right deck audio pitch slowing down. Very strange.

If it happens again I will start a new bug report on it. Will have to wait till Wednesday as I don't want to take a chance tonight, as Saturday is a big night, so version 7.4 is the way to go.

Also, it was very nerve racking to not know the audio bitrate of the song. Please, for the love of God, bring back the audio bitrate for videos!

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:30 pm
prasanf wrote :
I checked the default (4 deck skin) with TM4. Audio still goes dead when I switch between the tabs inbetween a video mix.

What do you mean by tabs ? the MIXER, VIDEO, SCRATCH, MASTER panels , or the tabs of the Config window ? If yes, can you reproduce this at will ?

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:42 pm
Yes the panels. see below.

Easiest to reproduce when I connect the controller after starting the software. It is pretty much guaranteed.

I start the software, in default 4 deck skin.
plug in controller. select yes when asked whether to use the controller.
load a music video to left deck. play it. crossfader to the left so no mixing.
after about 30 seconds, load a music video to deck B. play it.
NOTE. Both videos are high quality high bitrate. Shows video bitrate of about 3200 or more.
Stop second track and and hold down the platter and press play. Then with crossfader still closed I scratch the 2nd track and let go (similar to cuing vinyl).
With the second track playing I move the crossfader to the centre.
Let both tracks play for about 10 seconds with the crossfader in the centre.
Then I start to click on the tabs (MASTER, MIXER, VIDEO, SCRATCH).
Audio output dies.
All these steps are probably not necessary but it is what I normally do, and it always happens.

You should be able to reproduce it if you do this.

I just tried this with 4mx at home and did not get a problem. This is the newest VDJ8 build. I can check this again when I get to the club tonight, with TM4 and newest build.
I cannot remember if I ever had this issue with the 4mx or not, since the 4mx problem used to occur when I connected it after starting software and it would just crash immediately. That bug was fixed a couple of weeks ago. So I will try again with TM4 and report back to confirm.

On a different topic please please please please - give me the audio bitrate for videos. This is very very important because I cannot play a track at the club if I am unsure about the bitrate.

Thanks

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:53 pm
I tried with the TM4 here, and followed your steps but cant reproduce it.
Can you please check what is the selected ASIO buffer in the Reloop ASIO settngs (click on the ASIO button you see in the Audio Setup to open it) ? Can you try with a safe value (around 10-12ms or even higher) and see if this is related somehow ?
If not, could you please email me your settings.xml file at babis@virtualdj.com ?

thanks

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 12:52 am
Will do.

Give me 24 hours.

Thanks!

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 1:12 am
Hi,

I tried changing the buffer to 12. Same result. Did you try with the 4 deck skin or 2 deck skin? 2 deck skin does not give the same problem.

I will email you the settings file. However, when this issue first occurred I reset everything to default, including the mapper. It still kept happening. Now my settings would have changed a lot since then, as I have been making changes according to my requirements.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 3:37 am
@djdad This time I used the TM4 with your vertical 4 deck skin and the sound died again. This time it was totally unexpected. I know this is not helpful, as you probably cannot reproduce it, but I am totally stumped. This is even worse than the "loop bug" which plagued version 7 for some time.

I do understand that you need to be able to reproduce this to fix it easily. Intermittent problems are very hard to fix because of this. All I can ask is to report this to the software team to try and work out what can cause sound output on a controller to just die.

Please advise me whether I should create a separate ticket for this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 1:19 pm
Kind reminder - this issue is still unresolved. Can I please have an update. Is this being worked on, do you need any more info? This is a very dangerous bug - sudden audio loss. It is worse to me than the loop bug that used to happen with version 7.

Please help.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 11:50 am
Several weeks after your report, no one else has reported something similar, so i am afraid it has to do with your computer setup. If there were some specific steps to reproduce we could probably take a look, but if not, you may understand that its hard for us to find any possible bug.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 5:00 pm
So basically I am screwed.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 2:46 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Maybe I read over it, but I didn't see a mention of how long these audio interrupts are, does it stop permanently, just a tiny gap, or silence of seconds?
Also, did you try to open the ASIO control panel and increase the latency? (click the asio icon in the sound config)
You could also try changing the sound driver from ASIO to WASAPI using the drop-downs to see if that makes a difference.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 10:49 am
Drop is permanent. I have to restart the program for it to come back. At the time of closing, the audio comes back for a millisecond. On screen the VU meters are full but the TM4 VU meter is blank.
I did try the ASIO buffer, however, it makes no sense anyway, since it works fine with version 7, which is supposed to have less strain on the computer. I did not try using a different driver (WASAPI) as you mentioned. How does one do that?

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 5:28 am
I am having the same problem and i am running it on a mac. I think its time to upgrade to a new controller

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 11:27 pm
I also have audio drop outs, mac+stanton SCS1m firewire mixer, Dennyo skin, I had one or two dropouts while mixing .mp3s, but it happens more when mixing/scratching .mp4 videos, the audio is lost, all onscreen runs ok, if I open settings and repeatedly click on "Apply" , even without changing any sound config, I get sound for a milisecond like prasanf describes, sometimes the audio comes back but drops again a couple of mins later.... I have to restart VDJ8 or reset(off/on) my SCS1m, if I switch to maccoreaudio the audio plays again, but haven't tested if it drops out aswell later, also have to test it with my NI Audio 2 DJ,to check if there is audio dropout.
looking forward
thank you

Posted Sat 27 Sep 14 @ 8:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)