Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Milkdrop - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

If Virtual DJ won't open locate the settings.xml file the Virtual DJ folder, delete it and then open again.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:22 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
OK, if you're using the plugin with v8:

Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\Milkdrop Presets -- this contains the .milk preset files
Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\VideoEffect\Milkdrop.dll -- this is the plugin. This can be in *either* VideoEffect or Visualisations.

If you are getting an incompatible error then you are likely running an old version. I would recommend you remove everything milkdrop and just reinstall from the current installer.

As Dan says, we made it even easier to wipe the VDJ settings by taking them out of the registry and placing them in a file. You're also not being forced to use v8 ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:34 pm
allright dan...so if I decided ti uninstall v8 to install again...should I select "uninstall all files" as well? cause I was afaid this will delete all and Im still running v7 of course..

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:35 pm
You don't need an uninstall but if you've gone that route - don't delete your files.

Just follow my instruction above.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:37 pm
still..keeps saying "this plugin seems incompatiable with version 8"...hmm so its this memorized in settings? cause I had deleted all milkdrops and reinstall and "unclicked" in the audio only config,and there is nothing loaded at visualization?...hmmIm going to delete the settings file and try again...I'll be back

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:08 pm
Well the good news is that there is a improvement in sound and visual resolution,crystal clear! the bad is that I keep getting this Incompatiable message/error and why me? of all people? SOOO I tried my GFORCE svp plug and it works better than ever...sooo what wrong?...I find it odd that I got sonique working when a certain lunatic is screaming "Death to sonique" and I wason the Milkdrop bandwagon from the start .anyway...also the Hercules Asio drivers appeared under config and working.whats not is the deck swap code I have on the beatlock & cue select buttons. so what the code for that? or start another thread?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:58 pm
btw..that folder happens to have @ 180 video plugs that work in V7 and I dont want to delete for this...hmm funny there is a windows update pending which includes .net 3.5 and forgot what else...maybe is that?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:40 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey Scott, will this plugin react to an external audio feed? Can I use the record in for example? I mix with an external mixer and can use the record out to feed into the available input on my sound card. I would like the plugin to react to anything coming from my mixer (my own mix, a guest DJ, a live band, etc.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:27 pm
could this be a 64 bit issue? I'm notice many reporting problems,including myself,have 64 bit windows...hmm..

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:53 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I can verify that Milkdrop works on v8 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:55 am
When you say many, only 2 people have reported issues as far as I kbow - you with incompatible plugin and the other user above with a blank screen.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:11 am
Running VDJ 8 with the milkdrop plugin on Win 8.1 x64 ....... working perfectly here :-)

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:24 am
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just a note to Scott. V1.2 is being false detected as a virus, by certain virus software. Trend Micro Office is one.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:10 am
Thanks for the heads up.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:01 am
Scott, will you be adding an option for "Favourites" in the plugin ?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:32 am
The Milkdrop preset format and engine support a 'Rating' system which I will probably implement at a later date :)

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:33 am
Excellent, Many thanks for your tireless work on creating and updating your plugins ....... It is appreciated :-)

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:37 am
Plugin updated to v1.21:

* Added High Quality mode (requires you to Stop/Start the plugin in v7 at the moment, v8 should change automatically)
* Added extra error trapping in plugin load to assist with 'incompatible' errors
* Fixed an issue whereby parameters could be attempted to be set before the plugin has fully initialised
* Improved text quality in GUI

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:39 am
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Scott meant to say V1.21 above, FYI Scott still false positive.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:47 am
Edited, thanks!

Not much I can do about the false positive, perhaps I might try a different installer...

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:56 am
16%