Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 8 Pre-Release - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VDJ Team...

I am so loving VDJ8 especially the boost in sound quality.
Please ignore all comments previously posted as i am realizing you have everything covered once you read the manual and take the time to get to know VDJ8.
I believe I am having a small problem recording video with MP4. Audio and Video work with webm format so I know all is wired correct when I record with mp4 I get video but no audio. I am using a Macbook Pro.

Thanks again VDJ8 is so great I can't tell you how happy I am with it.

Darin

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:33 am
I'm running on a MAC with virtual dj 7 pro (full version) (yes i have downloaded the beta version 8) using a Pioneer DDJ SZ. I would like to know what the configs are for the 4 deck option. I chose the 4 deck skin however only decks 1 & 2 play through the system. I'm assuming i don't have the configs set up properly. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

I actually prefer to use VDJ7 until the complete version of 8 is released.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 1:56 pm
Ola... Em VDJ 7 para preencher os bancos de sampler é só fazer um loop na musica e clicar em gravar no banco de samples !
Em VDJ 8 Como posso preencher os bancos de sampler ?
abraços

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 6:03 pm
Okay I have a question? I use the karaoke program last night for the first time. Why whenever you move the singer up or down the playlist. Does it delete their name. Other than that program runs well no crashes and no lock ups. Keep up the good work and take in consideration people also use this for karaoke and not just for DJ.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 6:35 pm
yebraisPRO InfinityMember since 2022
is very good, I think I exceeded many expectations, the update will be ready? that cost will have?

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 8:16 pm
Ricardo Pollini wrote :
Ola... Em VDJ 7 para preencher os bancos de sampler é só fazer um loop na musica e clicar em gravar no banco de samples !
Em VDJ 8 Como posso preencher os bancos de sampler ?
abraços

IF you have a question then please post in English.

Thanks

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 8:29 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
MicahJ1231 wrote :
I'm running on a MAC with virtual dj 7 pro (full version) (yes i have downloaded the beta version 8) using a Pioneer DDJ SZ. I would like to know what the configs are for the 4 deck option. I chose the 4 deck skin however only decks 1 & 2 play through the system. I'm assuming i don't have the configs set up properly. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

You need to go to Config... and choose audio option and choose the right audio output set up for your controller.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 3:51 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
sonisphere wrote :
when I record with mp4 I get video but no audio. I am using a Macbook Pro

It's the encoding of the audio, some players will play it, some won't. I've already reported it to the development team :)

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 10:19 am
So I'm not seeing this download now my question is evern though I bought the program with timecode records & cd's and the interface box for $500.00 do that still not make me a pro user so I can get this download?

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 10:32 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 10:36 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djmusicmanc wrote :
So I'm not seeing this download now my question is evern though I bought the program with timecode records & cd's and the interface box for $500.00 do that still not make me a pro user so I can get this download?

The product you bought was Numark VirtualVinyl - you would have to upgrade to Virtual DJ Pro. I believe the VirtualVinyl interface is not yet supported in v8 either.

From the buy page:

Quote :
For a limited time only, you can upgrade to VirtualDJ 8 PRO Infinity for a discounted price.

This special Launch Upgrade offer applies to you if you have a license for VirtualDJ 7 LE, VirtualDJ 7 Broadcaster, VirtualDJ 7 Basic, CUE or Virtual Vinyl.

If you had a license for VirtualDJ 7 PRO Full, you have already been upgraded to VirtualDJ 8 PRO Infinity for free.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 11:58 am
SintarPRO InfinityMember since 2012
MicahJ1231 wrote :

I went to answer you on the your topic in the main 'General' forum and noticed it was locked. I think they didn't read your post properly as you clearly said you were using V7 but he made you post it here.

Anyway, this is an obvious one, but thought I'd mention just incase, do you have the channel input switches at the top of channel 3 & 4 set to USB?

Ciao

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 11:09 pm
for some reason when i try to play a track from a cd off my laptop Virtual DJ8 says error.
Does anyone know how to fix this or why its doing it.

I used another program to rip and convert the tracks to MP# then they played but no directly from cd?

Thanks in advance!!

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:25 am
p8arakiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have a jb systems control 3 midi and vdj 8 does not recognize it....7.4 version does....any help?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:35 am
Ask in the correct forum, guys.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:10 am
JakeKlein wrote :
for some reason when i try to play a track from a cd off my laptop Virtual DJ8 says error.

I used another program to rip and convert the tracks to MP# then they played but no directly from cd?

Thanks in advance!!

VDJ was not desinged to play tracks straight from cd. Might work on some systems, but not recommended to do so.
Basicly created for playing files like mp3 and similar from harddisk.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:28 am
p8araki wrote :
I have a jb systems control 3 midi and vdj 8 does not recognize it....7.4 version does....any help?

Please open a new topic for that. It is very hard for the developers to monitor all posts in this forum. Easier for them when a issue is postet in a specific thread, with a informative headline...

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:32 am
RobRoy wrote :
JakeKlein wrote :

Thanks in advance!!

OK but every version prior to this one did...so why is 8 any different?
I use it for my monday night gigs "open mic cabaret" where if someone doesnt want to sing with the band and they bring a track i play it through my laptop, so now i cant do that? WHY?

VDJ was not desinged to play tracks straight from cd. Might work on some systems, but not recommended to do so.
Basicly created for playing files like mp3 and similar from harddisk.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:28 pm
This has been reported.

Whether there is a fix planned i don't know, but the development team are aware of it.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:41 pm
dydy1 wrote :
MicahJ1231 wrote :

You need to go to Config... and choose audio option and choose the right audio output set up for your controller.

I know that part I was hooing someone could tell me what those configs are...

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:50 pm
96%