Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: 2gb Graphics card - is that dedicated or integrated ???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I currently dj for someone else but looking to go on my own and get a setup and buy VDJ as got used to that at the club.

Question I have though is I diont think my laptop can handle playing music videos - I've subscribed to xtendamix which looks to be a great service but before I download any tracks want to get a new laptop and make sure I buy the right one

When I look at laptops with dedicated graphics cards - min 2GB pref 4gb they seem to be astronautical proces eg £1500 !! or is integrated graphics card just as good ?? If any one who plays music videos all night could answer and give me some advice I would really appreciate it

Thanks

Posted Sun 30 Mar 14 @ 4:21 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have played Xmix as well as 1080p VJ-Pro (much bigger files). I currently have 1gig ram on a dedicated video card and the machine has been solid for years. I would not recommend Intel or motherboard graphics. That being said, they do work.

Also currently upgrading to a new ADK laptop with the Nvidia 870 card (6 gigs video ram). The whole laptop decked out was under $3000. 16 gig ram, 2.7ghz i7, 240gb SSD OS drive and 3 or 4 other HD bays (empty), back lit keyboard... The list just goes on with all the top notch options. Plus it is built specifically for Video and Sound, unlike HP or Dell. I would look at ADK. Really only ended up being $500 more than a consumer workstation and that includes the extra power supply that I ordered (one can always fail). Only downside is battery life will be crap. Good thing I only need it as a ups.

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 7:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)