Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ddj sz vs ns72.... which one is the better buy and why? - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

beatbreaker1 wrote :
Why??

Eh?

Why shouldn't I email Pioneer and ask? It benefits everyone, confirms things and puts paid to rumours etc.

I'm not out to get anyone. I just prefer facts to opinion and speculation.

Posted Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 5:44 pm
SBDJ wrote :
after you pick a point and start to argue it.

Correction:

If you check back, it was gullum who first questioned djcity's post. Then djcity firmly stated that gullum was wrong, and that's it's EXACTLY (his emphasis) how people use it. When I posted, he started with his usual comments that I don't know what I'm talking about etc. the same as he did in the DriveRack thread, so I stood my ground.

If I'm not permitted to stand my ground when confronted, then take whatever action you feel necessary. IMO I've not broken any forum rules.

touchdan, as I stated earlier I'm not denying there's an issue with the controller.

Posted Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 6:04 pm

SBDJMember since 2006
Multiple people have complained about it which would suggest it is EXACTLY how people use it. There is a decent sized thread on the serato forum about it for a start.

Not everyone, but I didn't see the word everyone in his post.

Then you posted disagreeing with him, then you had to run off and find videos to support your argument. Like it or not your post was confrontational without provocation and not for the first time.

Posted Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 6:14 pm
Yes I know multiple people have complained about the jogwheel, but in the videos it does seem directly related to how many fingers are being placed on the platter. One guy even shows the difference between one finger and several, saying that he wouldn't be likely to "sneak up on it" in that way.

It seems to me (having an electronics background) that Pioneer have configured it to react to having a hand placed on it rather than a single finger, and the videos I posted show the platter working fine when the DJs are using their whole hand, not a finger.

There is also evidence that touching the DDJ-SZ casing does allow you to use one finger, as that presumably changes the capacitance via the casing - enough to fool the jogwheel into working with one finger.

As I've said several times now, I'm not saying there's no issue. I'm saying it's not likely to cause a problem if/when it's used "normally" - which is also what Pioneer appear to be saying in their statement (underlined):

Quote :
We have identified that the jog platters on some DDJ-SZ units may not respond to a touch depending on how users touch them. Please visit the link below and find a contact in your country if you experience the above mentioned symptom.

SBDJ wrote :
your post was confrontational without provocation

IMO it was djcity's response to gullum that was confrontational and without provocation. No grey area, no room for negotiation. Just "you're wrong". He then turned on me with his claims that I don't know what I'm talking about, and his use of bad language.

Anyway........[deep breath]

Posted Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 6:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'm asking politely - give it up already as you're still being argumentative and confrontational.

Posted Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 7:37 pm
LOL

The DDJ-SZ that I OWN works fine. And I have been told by my retailer that the price is going up. Good thing I ordered when I did. I love it.

No if I can get a native map I would be in heaven. I am getting tired of using the generic midi map.

Posted Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 8:13 pm
And now, back to our regularly scheduled program. This is about which is the better controller, I think. Well, at the moment, it would seem that the NS7 ll, has a slight edge, as the DDJ SZ, has been recalled. So, how can you fight, if the other opponent has left the ring? There will have to be a rematch, when both are healthy again. So, unless you are having some kind of psychotic breakdown, I would not buy a DDJ SZ, at the moment.

Posted Thu 10 Apr 14 @ 12:40 am
djcity wrote :
Defend gullum?
I don't think he took my post as confrontational as he has said nothing about it.

Not defend gullum. Question your response to him. As for him not saying anything, maybe he's not been online or come back to the thread?

djcity wrote :

Truth be told, it was pachN who first questioned what I had to say about the SZ and it's problems.

No he didn't. He laughed and then mentioned that the SX had the same issue.

djcity wrote :
You DO NOT OWN A Pioneer DDJ-SZ

Oh here we go again with the "you do not own it" rubbish. As I said earlier, I'm not denying there's an issue with the SZ when used with one finger.

djcity wrote :
I am someone that KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE I OWN THE EQUIPMENT

Reality check: Owning something does not make you an expert on it! Owning a DriveRack didn't stop you from talking nonsense about signal processors and crossovers. I don't need to own a DriveRack in order to have knowledge of signal processors and crossovers.

djcity wrote :
You really don't know what your talking about.

You see, it's statements like that which I get defensive about - because I know damn well that I do know what I'm talking about. I don't have a big head or an ego a mile wide. I just know that I'm respected by others for being knowledgeable about certain things. The subjects that I know nothing about.....I steer clear of.

To the mods: sorry for having to stick up for myself again.

Posted Thu 10 Apr 14 @ 4:12 am
Ok. This thread is going nowhere.

Some DDJ-SZ units have a problem acknowledged by Pioneer.

Pioneer DDJ SZ vs Numark NS7 MkII is no more discussed on this topic.

So, topic Locked!

Posted Thu 10 Apr 14 @ 5:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)