Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Help required - VGA/HDMI question for karaoke

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted this in General Discussion but then realised it would probably be better here (sorry moderators for posting twice)

Hi all

I'm a newbie to posting on the forums but have been lurking a bit recently so i know there are lots of people with lots of knowledge here that I am hoping can help with my query.

I've recently taken over doing a karaoke in a pub and use virtual dj to run this. All good with that and love using the software.

My problem is - I have been using a small tv to run this which is connected by VGA to VGA. The owner has asked me to see if I could get it running on a few of the TV's in the pub. I checked 2 off the tv's which had VGA slots but took the word of someone else that the 3rd tv had a VGA slot also. It tuns out it doesn't and this is the main one i want to use.

At the weekend, I ordered a VGA splitter box for running to the other tv's...tried running to one tv this evening and worked fine. Then went to run to the other one and of course, I then discover it does not have a VGA slot. Is there any way I can connect the VGA cable running from the splitter box to either the HDMI or component video on the TV that does not have the VGA slot? Is there a convertor of some type that will allow me to do this? I've looked online but getting a bit confused and not sure what I need. Only need video, do not need audio obviously as that will be running through the mixer and speakers. Looking to do this as cheaply as possible for the pub.

Please note laptop is older and has VGA output only.

Any help appreciated!

Oh and i'm in the UK so any links posted...would be good if they were available here :-)

Posted Thu 27 Mar 14 @ 4:26 pm

Posted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 4:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)