Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: How to create an SideShow of Motion Video Loops

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello VDJ. Need some help. I already have several sideshows of .jpg images. I need to create a sideshow of video motion clips/loops to run in a sideshow while I'm playing an MP3. Is there a way to have the sideshow read .MOVs? Or should I be running the video motion clips/loops (.MOV) through another area. I mainly DJ 90% videos…however I have a upcoming gig that I will be DJing 70% mp3s. Would like to have my video motion clips/loops running on screen while an MP3 is playing…just like my images (.jgp) do with the sideshow.

Help? Thank you in advance!

Posted Thu 20 Mar 14 @ 9:52 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If I understand you correctly you need to do one of two things, fill up squares in clipbank and run with random video clips pluginin, the other option is to use a video editor to make a movie file that will loop.

Posted Thu 20 Mar 14 @ 11:31 am
Thanks Tayla…. I used squares in clipbank and ran with random video clips pluginin. Only thing is not too many squares. Will record long clips to add in each square. Would like to have about 4-6 hrs of random clips.

Thanks again. Forgot all about the random clip bank, been only using the images in the random sideshow feature for the last few years.

Posted Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 11:25 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If you need anything for clipbank let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

Posted Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 2:03 pm
K…Thanks again!

Posted Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 10:16 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Essential Visuals is awesome also. Lots of options, looping clips and you can point it to a folder full of clips and play them all.

Posted Sat 22 Mar 14 @ 12:24 pm
patw64PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Mix Lab skin (which I use most of the time), in mixer mode click on the button to the right of AV2 you will then have a video screen as well as a audio track above it. drag and drop you audio where you see the message 'Drag a song to this deck to load it', then drag a video and drop it on the video screen bellow the audio you have just loaded, the video will output while the audio is playing and if the video file is shorter the the audio track it will loop. I don't know if it was developed to work this way but it sure works well for me. And so not I create my own theme videos and sync them with audio track, awesome. You can also link music video to work in the same way as you won't get the audio of the music videos.

Enjoy!

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)