Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PIONEER DDJ SZ MIDI MAPING - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

PIONEER DDJ SZ MIDI MAPING
HELLLLPPPPPP

Posted Thu 20 Mar 14 @ 1:07 am
Pioneer DDJ-SZ is not officially supported (mapped) yet.

You'll have to wait. In the meanwhile you can use the simple MIDI wrapper to have basic functions working.

Posted Thu 20 Mar 14 @ 2:42 am
dj_maxman wrote :
PIONEER DDJ SZ MIDI MAPING
HELLLLPPPPPP

I,m also waiting

Posted Thu 20 Mar 14 @ 3:51 pm
yes yes

Posted Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 5:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Funny how a user with Denon's logo on his avatar needs desperately a Pioneer mapper LOL.... kidding.
Soon guys.

Posted Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 5:52 pm
HAHAHA excuse me I LOVE DENON DJ + PIONEER DJ
MY SETUP IS PIONEER DDJ SZ + DENON 3900

Posted Sat 22 Mar 14 @ 11:59 am
DDJ SZ IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE JOG MAPPER VINYL HELP ME !!
WHY IS C TRACTOR AS SLOW AS ALREADY MAPPER C COMPETITOR IS NOT SERATO AND VIRTUAL DJ?

Posted Mon 14 Apr 14 @ 9:19 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Sorry, I have no idea what you are trying to ask :-/

Posted Tue 15 Apr 14 @ 3:16 am
Ah sorry I tried mapped the ddj sz I have succeeded in party but not the Jog function how I can do? because I have tried all.
I'm sorry for the french translation

would you just got an idea of ​​the mapping for this controller DDJ SZ

Posted Tue 15 Apr 14 @ 1:38 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Well, I don't own the SZ, just the SX.
So this would be my first try. Look into the mapping of the sx and try to adapt the jogwheel mapping to the SZ.

Sure it would not be 100%, but the basics might work... maybe...

Posted Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 3:28 am
Units like SZ or SX are way too complex to map with SIMPLE MIDI WRAPPER
You need to create a definition file for the device.

As I have stated already an official mapper is on it's way. However if you can't wait then you need to create a definition file on your own if you want to support the jogs properly.

Posted Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 5:17 am
thank you I'll wait but I confessed c is very long

Posted Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 6:09 am
Don't worry Phantom DJ we are all behind you. Work your magic!!! We appreciate it!!

We would be happy with a beta map to get us though immediate gigs.

Cheers.

Posted Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 10:32 am
I know it's a lot of work but i hope the mapping will come soon.
The Sz is over one month used with Traktor and Serato.😢
I don't think any user like that.😆

Posted Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 3:29 pm
Yes have understood that AC is not obvious but we still have the right to ask the question. there are 3 software market leader Atomix Virtual DJ - Serato - tractor.
we have chosen Virtual dj for different reasons (preference).
I am professional and I have bought the ddj sz because it is the best controller market unfortunately it comes out with a software I hate SERATO! but Tracktor the already released him then that he is not supplied with the DDJ SZ
I just ask that the mapping is available as soon as possible in Virtual DJ because it is with this software that I work.
thank you the team

ps: sorry for the translation I'm french

Posted Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 9:08 pm
We could release a mapper today and you (among with other users) would complain that it's incomplete - not working 100% as it should or wait a little more and release a 100% perfect result.
What would you expect from us ?

Keep in mind that this unit is not a "toy"...
When you spend $2000 on a unit you expect it to function as it should. So we do!!!

Over and out.

Posted Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 1:17 am
If you label it as "BETA - incomplete use at your risk" The users know not to expect a completed product. This way some of us can get some use out of our DDJ-SZ.

Posted Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 7:08 am
This map is money in my pocket as I am waiting to sell my DDJ-SX (customer is waiting) as soon as I am functional on Virtual DJ :)

Posted Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 7:10 am
sonisphere wrote :
If you label it as "BETA - incomplete use at your risk" The users know not to expect a completed product. This way some of us can get some use out of our DDJ-SZ.

PhantomDeejay I understand you and I do not criticize but a beta version will be welcome like that can have at least used the essential function for me I have managed to map but I have a concern for the market jog jog and I vinyl after you provides have can wait another version again later.
s it pleases you we made ​​a small beta for my sz ddj expects ca me and even worse!

ps: sorry for the translation I'm french

Posted Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 8:25 am
DEETYDJ wrote :
but I have a concern for the market jog

That's exaclty why we can't release even a BETA mapper for it.

When I first created the DDJ-SX mapper users complained all the time about the jog sticker/marker, despite the fact it was an un-official mapper created by a user that didn't even own the unit (at the time).

So, just please be patient. It won't take too long.

Posted Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 9:25 am
35%