Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Video Output When Using Karaoke

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am a newbee to the entertainment industry, the last guy who done the clubs had a heart attack. I use VirtualDJ to play the Karaoke disks that i have, however, when i output the visuals to the screen they can see everything. The other fella used to have only the lyrics showing without displaying anything else.

Can someone please advise me how i can play Karaoke lyrics on a HD projector screen without displaying everything so i can have the lyrics on screen while preparing my playlist?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 25 Feb 14 @ 4:53 am
You need to be a pro user. You can then output the lyrics onto a separate screen. Make sure the projector is already set up as a second monitor (not mirrored) and you should be good to go!

Posted Tue 25 Feb 14 @ 5:41 am
If you are trying to play karaoke directly from the original CD's then this will not work. You need to 'rip' your karaoke to standard MP3+G format first to be able to play it in VirtualDJ.

VirtualDJ does not support playing karaoke directly from a CD. Only audio CD playback is supported and this is only for that odd occasion where you may be given an audio CD to play at short notice. Your own music collection and karaoke should already be ripped and stored on your hard disk, otherwise it defeats the whole point of using a computer to DJ if you are just using it to play CD's directly (You may as well just use a conventional CD player!)

As above, you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional to be able to output karaoke full-screen in VirtualDJ. VirtualDJ Home FREE is for personal home use only and cannot be used for commercial purposes such as gigs where you are being paid. As you are obviously a working DJ, please support the software and its future development by purchasing it if you have not already done so. If you have already purchased, then we recommend that you register your serial number to your profile so that you can download future software updates as well as free optional add-ons.

For further information on playing karaoke in VirtualDJ, please see the karaoke section of our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/FAQ.html

Posted Tue 25 Feb 14 @ 6:02 am
I have the Virtual DJ Pro 7 what the other guy stuff that was left behind and the Karaoke are CDG files. I have got them working on Virtual DJ but when outputting the lyrics it comes up with the full screen from the HDMI slot of my laptop. How do i output the lyrics without showing anything else from the screen?

Posted Tue 25 Feb 14 @ 11:52 am
Unless it's a permanently installed computer with a VirtualDJ Pro license that has been purchased by and belongs to the bar/club, then you cannot use VirtualDJ Pro that somebody else has just 'left behind'. It does not belong to you and you are not entitled to use it.

VirtualDJ serial numbers cannot be shared, sold or given away to another user. Doing so is a violation of the End User License Agreement (EULA.) If he just 'left it behind', then it may also be an illegal pirate copy of the software. In either case, please delete the illegal version immediately and then support the software by purchasing your own legitimate license, especially considering that you are a working DJ and will be making money as a result of using it.

The karaoke CDG and/or music files may also be illegal copies too. If this is the case you should delete them and purchase your own legitimate files. Both you and your venue could face prosecution if you are caught using illegal software and/or karaoke, music, etc.

Regarding outputting the lyrics of CDG files correctly, you must configure Windows for dual-display. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the karaoke section of our FAQ pages as already posted above: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/FAQ.html (Scroll down ot the bottom of the page to find this section.)

Posted Tue 25 Feb 14 @ 12:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)