Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Traktor S2 MK2 MAPS for Mac **WANTED**

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has anybody manage to map the Traktor S2 MK2 MAPS for Mac Book Pro?

I managed to put it in midi mode (shift + Shift) and map it in Windows using Midi Wrapping but not got the option to do this on the mac book. It´s showing up in the Audio setup but not in the Midi studio and I think that´s why I can´t see it in Virtual DJ Midi wrapping.

If anybody can help me with this I would really appreciate it. I´ve spent hours trying to resolve this problem.

Thank you
G

[Moderator Edit: Please do not misuse BBcode by posting entire messages in all bold text. This is the similar to posting in ALL CAPS. Please also don't post the same message more than once. This will not get you a faster reply, especially when only 1 minute has elapsed since your previous post. Please wait patiently and allow time for other users to read your post and provide an answer if they know it.]

Posted Fri 31 Jan 14 @ 3:12 pm

Posted Fri 31 Jan 14 @ 9:16 pm
If your using Techie's mapping, open the definition with a text editor. In that you should see a couple of attributes on the device node up the top that says vid="0x1100" pid="0x17CC".

you need to go into your mac settings and get the vid and pid of your device and replace what is written in the definition. Then you will need to change what midi messages the various controls listen to and add the new buttons, but I would think it would mostly send the same messages.

Also for the definition you don't need to use Hexadecimal numbers, you can use the decimal numbers you see in the NI controller editor eg.

<button name="SYNC" note="0x08" channel="0" deck="1" />

can be written as

<button name="SYNC" note="9" channel="0" deck="1" />

the channel attribute is zero-indexed in VDJ, so it's the number in the Traktor controller editor -1 eg.
T | V
1 | 0
2 | 1
3 | 2
4 | 5
5 | 6
6 | 7
ect...

Posted Fri 31 Jan 14 @ 9:35 pm
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
im asking around some of the local guys whether anybody has a S2 MKII that they could courier to me for a few days, if were lucky we should see something happening soon.

Posted Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 1:45 pm
synthet1c wrote :

T | V
1 | 0
2 | 1
3 | 2
4 | 5
5 | 6
6 | 7
ect...

T | V
1 | 0
2 | 1
3 | 2
4 | 3
5 | 4
6 | 5

Just fixing the typo for you ;)

Posted Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 2:33 am
whoops ;-)

Posted Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 2:37 am
Thanks for your help guys. I really hope this gets mapped soon. I use Virtual DJ for my karaoke and mixing. I DJ in Spain and the summer is so close. It would be a shame if I can´t use it with my new mac pro. I have got it working through windows using the midi rapper. But would rather use mac. I don´t mind paying someone to do this for me if you can get hold of one.

Thanks again
Gina

Posted Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 3:24 am
buy me one, and ill do the mapper for free.

local price is $800 NZD
as of the time of this post, thats $662.56 USD

Posted Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 3:30 am
i would love to but just dont have that sort of money lol :-)

Posted Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 4:01 am
You and me both. ;-)

Posted Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 4:02 am
Here's an idea: If one person has the controller and one has the knowledge, why don't you work together (with the info posted by synthet1c) and MacGyver it?

Posted Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 5:50 am
We could. But I'd need a windows platform to get the hid info from.

Posted Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 2:11 pm
if anybody has all of the following, then contact me and we can try make things happen.

a computer running windows 7.
an internet connection capable of screencasting (teamviewer)
Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2.
a Headset with a mic.
a decent understanding of how to do as they are asked.

and last but not least

patience

also, if you have the above but a S4 MK2 instead, contact me also... we might be able to do somethign with that beast

Posted Sun 23 Feb 14 @ 12:27 pm
Hi

I have windows 7, headset and patients. When are you available to do this?

Thanks
Gina

Posted Sat 22 Mar 14 @ 7:31 am
And.....most importantly I have a traktor S2 MK2 ;-)

Posted Sat 22 Mar 14 @ 7:35 am
thanks for offering to help ginageeuk, i have sent you a private message explaining things, flick me an email if you still feel your up for the challenge

Posted Sat 22 Mar 14 @ 3:19 pm
okay, i have managed to purchase me a shiny new S2 MKII.

i will map this unit for windows then i will see if i can get it working with mac.

after this is done, the unit will be up for sale so that i can finance another controller to map.

so if you want to support this project help spread the word (the more money i can get, the sooner i can start the next one).

Posted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 11:23 pm
For everyone interested, i have completed all the input sections of the mapper, and am now looking for testers.

in order to be eligble for testing you must have a registered VDJ Pro license.

in order to recieve the mapper and further updates, you will need to do the following things;

1. send me an email at dj@technz.info
2. send me a private message via these forums with your email.

the email is so that i can send you the mappers, and the pm is to verify your license.

the mapper in its current state only has input and is only gauranteed to work on windows.
however output and mac support will come soon.

Posted Sun 30 Mar 14 @ 2:44 am
Update:

Mac support is now fully incorporated into the mapper for input, just needs a bit of testing.

Posted Sun 06 Apr 14 @ 3:05 pm
Hi Techie

I have just sent you a private message and an email. I am one happy lady...Please would you mind sending me the mappers, Thank you so much

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)