Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Please fix the VDJ key detection

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It's been pretty obvious (to me anyway) that there's something amiss with the current VDJ key detection.

I've posted a few times before about it being biased towards minor keys and people have dismissed it, saying that more music is in a minor key, or that the music DJs play is mainly minor (referring to EDM?).

The latest test from DJ Techtools here clearly shows that VDJ has a big issue with detection of major keys.

In their spreadsheet of results, VDJ got every single major key wrong, detecting it as minor.

What DJTT did was create their own test tracks. 24 tracks, one for each key. 12 major and 12 minor.

VDJ was correct for every minor, but wrong for every major. Of all the software tested, only Traktor was worse (scoring 11 out of 24).

Can anyone confirm that the detection is better (fixed) in VDJ 8?

Posted Sat 18 Jan 14 @ 7:01 am
1+ for this

Posted Sat 18 Jan 14 @ 1:29 pm
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
This would explain why sometimes the mix just sounds wrong, even when keys and bars are matched properly. I hope they fix this soon. I also have a problem where sometimes changing the key causes the song to go into total distorted sound (like an old AM radio with no signal). Anyone else have this?

Posted Sun 16 Feb 14 @ 7:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)