Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Karaoke lyrics showing when to sing...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey Guys,
I am bringing my set up to a freinds place to DJ a small NYE house party and a bunch of my friends like to sing Karaoke. I let them know that I can do that and I am just going to pay for content unlimited for a month. I know that this isn't the BEST way to do it but the house owner has WiFi so I can cache songs before they want to sing them. I tried to just put up a few viideo's knowing I would only get 30 seconds and did find a few, but this raises my question. I bought one "tester" video from the net, and when I played it the text showed you where you should be in the song, but out of the only song that had picture for the 30 second clip it had lyrics but didn't show where you should be. Specificly I used Lords song. Is this a specific video thing, should I expect this from a lot of the songs on Content Unlimited, or is this only because I had a 30 second clip?

Brendan

Posted Fri 20 Dec 13 @ 4:21 pm
Most karaoke songs including those from ContentLimited Karaoke subscription service should have lyrics that highlight as the song plays to show what you should be singing.

The song you found and tested with may have an intro longer than 30 seconds. What song was it and by which vendor (MegaHits?)

Also, make sure that you are actually searching the karaoke subscription service by clicking on the ContentUnlimited -> Karaoke folder. Otherwise, you may be searching the free bonus NetSearch videos which come with the video service. These come from various legal free sources on the Internet and user-made lyric videos are quite common (These just display the lyrics rather than highlighting them karaoke-style.)

Posted Sat 21 Dec 13 @ 10:58 am
I just looked at my search setting and I did have video on. I looked again for Lorde in the Karaoke only folder and nothing came up. So it must have been a normal video with the lyrics added. I just looked up Eminem and it gave me rap god with the highlighted lyrics so thanks for the help. Should work out just fine.

Brendan

Posted Sun 22 Dec 13 @ 3:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)