Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 7.4.1 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Not so much confirmed as a bug - more confirmed that yes it potentially requires a bit more CPU power with the v7 skin engine and that if you need the feature then to either wait for v8 or get a better computer.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 1:34 pm
Thanks for continuing the good work.

Looking forward to version 8, too. Glad to know it is coming. I will stop looking for a better solution than what I have.

The thing I really need is better video support on MacOS.
1080p or even 720p without lag would be great. Especially now that YouTube has dropped 480p support.

Native Syphon support would be nice - I can send video to GrandVJ. But with native HD I could just even drop the GVJ eye candy that I use to cover up the low-res video.

If FLASH swf and or Quartz Composer qtz plug-ins would be great. Maybe an AppleScript out to the scripting…
Then GVJ would definitely be out of the loop...

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 1:34 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
SBDJ wrote :
Not so much confirmed as a bug - more confirmed that yes it potentially requires a bit more CPU power with the v7 skin engine and that if you need the feature then to either wait for v8 or get a better computer.

More CPU power or better computer? Why? I have about 1-3% of CPU when VDJ is playing and this is OK. But almost 100% of one core in my CPU with paused (!) VDJ. And this must be a bug.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 1:53 pm
Great guys!!! But but but - I've got a MacBookPro Retina and running Virtual DJ on Mavericks and previous versions there has always been a massive sync issue when playing music videos. Audio out of sync and cued video plays by itself!!!

Please help and advise, would be great fully appreciated.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 1:59 pm
zoelassPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Will this update resolve the issues with logging into an Icecast2 server or will I just have to wait until Version 8 to cone out?

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 2:00 pm
@Ludek do you not read the posts... Colored wave forms work perfectly in v8, only released in v7.x as preview. Either use it as is, get a better PC or wait for v8. Doesn't sound like it will be addressed in v7.x

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 2:02 pm
richardnorthcott wrote :
Thanks for continuing the good work.

Looking forward to version 8, too. Glad to know it is coming. I will stop looking for a better solution than what I have.

The thing I really need is better video support on MacOS.
1080p or even 720p without lag would be great. Especially now that YouTube has dropped 480p support.

Native Syphon support would be nice - I can send video to GrandVJ. But with native HD I could just even drop the GVJ eye candy that I use to cover up the low-res video.

If FLASH swf and or Quartz Composer qtz plug-ins would be great. Maybe an AppleScript out to the scripting…
Then GVJ would definitely be out of the loop...

Yes I've got audio sync/lag issues too!!! Such a shame they haven't resolved this yet on such a powerful machine as Apple MacBookPro!!!

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 2:02 pm
TDBennett wrote :
@Ludek do you not read the posts... Colored wave forms work perfectly in v8, only released in v7.x as preview. Either use it as is, get a better PC or wait for v8. Doesn't sound like it will be addressed in v7.x

Or click the checkbox and turn them off...

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 2:06 pm
Thanks for the correction of errors. We look forward to the most important news that await all ...

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 2:10 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
TDBennett wrote :

But colored wave forms work almost perfectly in v7.x for me too, only in the specific cases, with paused VDJ in the silent part of some songs, my CPU climbs too high. That's all. And there must be any way how to repair it in VDJ code. if not, I'll have to wait for the VDJ 8, as you wrote. :-)

GadgetMan wrote :

Or click the checkbox and turn them off...

Yes, i have colored wave forms disabled now.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 2:31 pm
did you fix the denon dns3700 problem when it starts playing and then slows all the way down like negative pitch? i havent used 7.4 since it came out for that reason

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 3:11 pm
osuarezPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Some people will just never be satisfied... Thank you for all the hard work!

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 3:22 pm
Thank you very musch for your service and all the effort to protect your client :-)

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 4:39 pm
You can't blame DJ4NSE for his post, we've been hearing Version 8 is coming, it's close, right around the corner for a long time now. I understand they developers want to make sure that it's stable, etc, etc, but it has been a year since we've heard about Version 8.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 6:04 pm
Will Virtual DJ Version 8 be able to be run on Windows 7?

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 6:14 pm
thanks--alot!!

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 6:15 pm
Thank You!!

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 6:16 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
dj twilite wrote :
did you fix the denon dns3700 problem when it starts playing and then slows all the way down like negative pitch? i havent used 7.4 since it came out for that reason

You have set JOG Pulse Sel to 2960/Cycle on your 3700's haven't you?

If so then contact us in support as the 3700s work fine in 7.4.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 7:39 pm
THREE YEARS LATER - it will be out when it's ready. Stop nagging and be patient.

Geesh!

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 7:45 pm
This thread is dedicated to the latest release (7.4.1). Let's keep all questions, concerns and support issues regarding this release dedicated to this thread. Questions and concerns regarding version 8 do not belong in this thread.

Thank you.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 10:43 pm
44%