Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mac OS X Mavericks - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Mine doesn't work on Mavericks

Posted Sat 14 Dec 13 @ 4:07 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Ok picking up make Mac OS Mavericks in 5 days will it work with VDJ OK my 13" with snow Leopard WORK like a Champ...?

Posted Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 12:53 pm
dfageHome userMember since 2013
how do you put the software onto a macbook pro?

Posted Wed 25 Dec 13 @ 3:48 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
@Brumemal, i'm sorry but i only can repeat this.
Mavericks is 100% compatible to VDJ.

When we say we are compatible, we mean our software works with Maverick. However some hardware may not so be sure and check with the respective hardware manufactures for updates there.

Somaybe it would be best wehn you try to contact Welljoint support to ask if they also support Mavericks.

@asthedj, guess our answer is the same :-P

@dfage, not sure what you mean.
If you are talking about VDJ, i just can advice you to register your VDJ licence under your account.
http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

After that you will be able to download and install your VDJ copy from here!
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

If you are aksing how to install Mavericks, please contact Apple support.

Posted Fri 27 Dec 13 @ 2:32 am
Well I got My New Mac update it to Mavericks OS did 3 5hr gigs @ the club since last week It\'s super fast and Works well,but I have not tried my videos and music I need to go buy a VGA adapter to HD but im sure it will work OK...NOW I Can SEE the Wordsssssssss :)

Posted Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 1:13 pm
hilyt10Home userMember since 2013
Hi...VDJ and Numark Cue are supposed to be the same software, are they not? Well, I'm using Numark Cue version 7.0.5 (latest) but I can't get it to work with OS X Mavericks. I have 16g RAM. And I've been reading here that Mavericks is compatible with VDJ. I need help, please. Thank you.

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 11:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Numark Cue and VirtualDJ are the same software indeed.

Cue version 7.05 is not the latest one. Please register your Cue serial number to your Profile and download the latest available from your Download Center. If you do not own a legit license of Cue or VirtualDJ Pro Full, please purchase one , and support the software and its future development.

"cant get it to work' is kinda useless information for us to help you as well.

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 11:41 pm
Seem to be very laggy on a NEW macbook air 2013 not sure who to blame !!!!!!!!!!!!

Waveform laggy & would hang on beat grid edit !

And before you say anything you cant beat NEW and first program to download and use with hc5000!

MAYBE 7.4.1 Update ill try??????

Wish i never sold my i7 sony :-(

Nice keyboard and lights up very well in clubs! Screen amazing & installed windows on it runs fine and very fast strange!

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 7:38 pm
Mavericks Works very well with VDJ 74.1

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 9:37 pm
AbelzylPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I am running VDJ on an 'old but good' macbook (2007 Santa Rosa), upgraded to Mavericks. It works, but there is more load on the cpu and the mac runs hotter since Mavericks. I've occasionally had a strange pitch shift that lasts for a few seconds... but otherwise, no crashes.

You HAVE to be sure Mail and other 'communication' apps like that are shut down while you are running VDJ. They are hogs in Mavericks!

To keep cool enough, I run a utility, SMCfancontrol, that allows me to max out the internal fans. AND I put the mac on a 'laptop cooler'. Keeps me right around 118 F. If I do not keep cool, VDJ will start re-prioritizing as the processor 'compensates' for the heat and my DJ controller (Pioneer Ergo) will start 'letting go' of certain controls... including volume sliders! Geez.

So far, we have squeaked through every gig just fine this way... but I have 'new and powerful Macbook' on my list of things to buy in the near future...

Posted Sat 01 Feb 14 @ 8:24 am
rıdvaLE userMember since 2010
Protection error VDJ Pro iMac Mavericks please help me :(

Posted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 5:10 am

Posted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 5:32 am
Hi,
It is not possible for drag and drop under IOS Maverick with Path Finder or Forklift!!!
Switch mp3 files (Path finder or Forklift) to Virtual DJ windows - doesn't work !!!!!
With Finder is it possible!!!!
Thank you for Infos...

Posted Mon 17 Feb 14 @ 3:31 pm
jnbodyLE userMember since 2014
Im running VDJ LE 7.4 on mavericks and having issues!!!!

Late 2011 macbook pro 2.4 ghz i5
4gb
Numark mixtrack quad

Suffering with lag or latency of the audio. it stutters and skips but only when the hardware in connected. Ive tried with VDJ Home which has same issue. Gone through this with tech support but not really getting much response as believe it is an issue with my macbook. As it is LE version i have no config for skins etc....

Ive verified and repaired the permissions, also checked sample rates etc. The CPU meter is showing quite low (i think) at 3 bars (out of 20ish).

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Posted Mon 17 Feb 14 @ 4:55 pm
Do you have maximized the LE skin andf what kind of MBP do you use? 13", 15" ....?

Posted Tue 18 Feb 14 @ 7:53 am
jnbodyLE userMember since 2014
I have tried it maximized and not, and with a lower res. Its a 13".

:)

Posted Tue 18 Feb 14 @ 2:28 pm
But then there seems to be a problem with the Mixtrack Quad soundcard!

Audio sutter and skips are always related with the used soundcard and the computer itself!

Beast would be to disable all unneeded applications, bluetooth and maybe wlan too!

Normaly your 13" MBP should be able to handle audio and the Mixtrack Quad as athe soundcard without a problem, when you do not use a too low latency.

But on LE side is it not possible to adjust the latency, when i'm not wrong!

I only can can advice you to test this with our Home Free!

1) Download and install only the Home Free from here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

2) Setup the Home Free like you can see here at VDJ Config - Soundcard:

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones (Master: Chan 1&2 / Headphones: Chan 3&4)
Sound card: 4 out card -> Choose the MixTrack Quad from the list

3) It is default, but check at VDJ Config - Perfromance to have the Latency at AUTO and do not change anything else there ;-)

If it will again skip/stutter the audio we are lost from VDJ point of view.
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20Mac%20Performance%20Issues.html

Posted Thu 20 Feb 14 @ 3:41 am
TorpasPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hello! I have noticed that since upgrading to Mavericks, OSX routes ALL of my computers sounds to my mixer, instead of only the sound from VirtualDJ as it has done before. Pre-Mavericks, all other sounds stayed to the internal speakers. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm using 4-out card with core audio settings in VDJ.

Posted Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 1:29 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Check your default sound card setting in OS X 'Audio MIDI Setup'.

Posted Fri 28 Feb 14 @ 9:40 am
Just upgraded to Maverick on my MacBook Pro and now I wish I didn't.

Can fire up VDJ 7.4.1 but no video plays. It loads, but refuses to move. Feel like a punch in the gut.

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 7:44 am
59%