Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: skin too big windows 8.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bblankPRO InfinityMember since 2011
After update to 8.1. The skin is oversized. Can't be moved, config button can't be accessed. I was able to make a mapper shortcut for the settings. I tried every resolution. The window is still oversized. VDJ 7.4

screenshot

Posted Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 1:44 am
djmila wrote :
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/182194/PC_Version_Technical_Support/SKIN_PROBLEM_IN_WIN_8.html

Like I said, I can access the config settings by keyboard shortcut. Changing resolutions doesn't do anything and neither does the screen reset tool. Seems like the prog tries to change for a split second but reverts back.

Posted Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 9:15 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
change resolution in WIN 8.1 ?

Posted Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 1:40 pm
djmila wrote :
change resolution in WIN 8.1 ?

I've tried changing the resolution in VDJ config setting as well as the screen resolution in windows.

Posted Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 3:52 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Backup VDJ and Install new ...

Posted Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 3:56 pm
djmila wrote :
Backup VDJ and Install new ...

tried everything. windows 8.1 broke serato itch too. I'm reinstalling win 8. thanks

Posted Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 4:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Rightclick on your desktop, choose Personalize.
Select Display from the left menu.
Set the Size of all items to Smaller -100% (default)
Then choose Adjust Resolution and select the Recommended resolution (most likely it will be the largest one available)
Launch VirtualDj, and choose a skin that is equal or smaller to your screen resolution.

Posted Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 5:23 pm
djdad wrote :
Rightclick on your desktop, choose Personalize.
Select Display from the left menu.
Set the Size of all items to Smaller -100% (default)
Then choose Adjust Resolution and select the Recommended resolution (most likely it will be the largest one available)
Launch VirtualDj, and choose a skin that is equal or smaller to your screen resolution.

Tried that earlier. Reinstalled win 8. Everything is fine now.

Posted Fri 25 Oct 13 @ 12:55 pm
I solved the problem and the solution is to check and run compability issue by accessing vdj properties. windows 8.1 os will correct the program display issue. good luck !

Posted Sun 27 Oct 13 @ 2:03 pm
I was experiencing this same issue in windows 7 64 bit. What I did to fix it is right-click on the VDJ icon and select properties. Click on the compatibility tab and place a check in, "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings." Click apply and the application should run in a normal full sized screen.

Posted Mon 28 Oct 13 @ 9:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)