Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SKIN PROBLEM IN WIN 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i cannot get the skins to resize in windows 8 pro the skin open too big so there for i can't get in the config to resize the i try on all my computers same anyone know how to fix this let me know how to fix it thanks,i just can't get in config this only happens in win 8 i cannot use VDJ for months now in win 8

Posted Sun 20 Oct 13 @ 10:33 am
Try manually mapping a keyboard shortcut to settings

With VirtualDJ closed, browse to My Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers and then edit the file Keyboard mapping using Notepad.

Add the following line to it:

<map value="CTRL+ALT+S" action="settings" />

Save and close the file, then open VirtualDJ and press CTRL+ALT+S to bring up the config options.

Posted Sun 20 Oct 13 @ 10:54 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Sun 20 Oct 13 @ 11:46 am
I followed your instructions, and I found the file mappers, but when I go to open it to edit the document, there are no documents inside at all.

My problem with the program is that at first it would be a skin too large, but I was able to extend the screen so it fit the resolution, then minimize the window, and then it fit. Now, the window will not even come up. The resolution will change on screen, but Virtual DJ will not even open entirely at all. I am using a Mixtrack Basic, and this may keep me from DJing at all. HELP PLEASE :(

Posted Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 7:40 pm
ahzryHome userMember since 2014
Have you tried the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"?

Right click on the icon, click on properties, Compatibility tab, and tick on ''Disable display scaling on high DPI settings''.

Posted Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 6:16 pm
I have the same issue on my 8.1 laptop. The skin I use SWEET SCRATCH V4 is less resolution then my laptop setting, yet I get the error about the skin being too high a resolution. I just click OK and it works.. how do I fix? I tried everything in this thread and nothing worked...

Posted Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 11:54 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Please don't doublepost your question.
You may have seen, that you already got answers in your other thread.

Posted Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 3:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)