Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer ddj sx with windows not running smoothly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am trying to use vdj with my pioneer sx and its not running smoothly especially when scratching I am using windows 7. When I am using it with serato dj no problems what so ever can you help me asap

Posted Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 8:26 pm
How do you switch off serato dj mode on the players

Posted Wed 11 Sep 13 @ 7:58 am
Details can be found in the operating instructions.

Posted Wed 11 Sep 13 @ 9:31 am
IT'S MORE AND MORE OBVIOUS VIRTUAL DJ CANNOT WORK PROPERLY ON OUR HARDWARE. EVERY SINGLE F***ING PERSON WITH A DDJ-SX IS HAVING ISSUES 10 MONTHS AFTER THE RELEASE OF THIS PRODUCT........ WITH VIRTUAL DJ ONLY... WORKS AWSOME IN TRACTOR, AND OF COURSE WORKS FLAWLESSLY IN SERATO DJ

[Moderated: Please do not use bad language in your forum posts. Please read the forum rules.]

Posted Sat 14 Sep 13 @ 6:18 pm
The native mapping in v7.4 was designed for 4 deck use. If you are using it with 2 decks, then you will need to download and install the updated mapper that takes this into account (To avoid VirtualDJ 'wrapping' decks 3&4 back to 1&2): http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15822/Pioneer_DDJ-SX_(Native).html

Ideally for best results, you should use it with a 4 deck skin as intended by the manufacturer.

The only other issue that we are aware of is lag if you scratch on both decks simultaneously, but this is not something that most DJ's would be doing in a live performance. It's appears to be caused by the slicer section, which due to not currently being a native function in VirtualDJ is implemented using some very complex VDJscript. If you need to be able to scratch on both decks simultaneously, try deleting the slicer mappings and map them to something else (E.g: Triggering effects, etc.) This may be something that can be improved in a future version of VirtualDJ if slicer becomes a native function.

NOTE: The DDJ-SX should be used in the default Serato mode, otherwise the platter LED's will not work well.

Posted Sun 15 Sep 13 @ 12:02 pm
thank you for the help it works flawlessly now

Posted Wed 25 Sep 13 @ 8:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)