Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mapper Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Trying to use the sampler section on my DDJSX to trigger my lights via Freestyler.

Tried this:
toggle select & set '$fsvalue' 1 & set '$fscommand' 273

This works to toggle a fastcue button in freestyler, but If I program more than one ddjsx sampler button they all light up on the ddjsx when one is pressed. Wanted the light on each pad to toggle on and off when I press it and toggle my dj lights on off too.

Was also trying to use the sampler volume slider to control the master intensity in Freestyler.

This toggles blackout in freestyler:
set '$fsvalue' 1 & set '$fscommand' 2

The "$fscommand' for intensity needs to be 155
and the '$fsvalue' needs to be 0-255 and follow the fader.

Read the wiki, but it's a little over my head right now. Once I see it written the right way, it will make sense to me.

Posted Mon 29 Apr 13 @ 9:10 pm
I haven't tried it but you should be able to query the '$fscommand' variable to control the leds eg.

var '$fsvalue' ? var '$fscommand' 273 ? on : off : off

If you don't need to query the value you can simply use this part

var '$fscommand' 273 ? on : off

Posted Mon 29 Apr 13 @ 9:26 pm
Thanks. Give it a shot when I get home tonight.

Posted Mon 29 Apr 13 @ 9:27 pm
It's more complicated than this I'm afraid...

Each press of a button sets both variables to different values. Same rule goes for controlling intensity. I can't think of any way that will make your buttons leds work the way you wish. Also if I'm not mistaken the freestyler plugin will "reset" the values when it sends them on freestyler.

For instance let's say you use set '$fsvalue' 1 & set '$fscommand' 273 on a button and "bind" it's led on these values.
While your CUE is still running (and you set the LED to be on) you move the intensity fader..
Automatically the '$fscommand' gets 155 as it's value and '$fsvalue' gets for instance 200.
The button LED will turn OFF even if the "assigned" cue is still running...

Conclusion:
You can map your buttons to control FS yes, but you can't do much with their leds.

PS: The command to control intensity from the samlper volume fader should be:
param_multiply 255 & set '$fsvalue' value & set '$fscommand' 155
or
param_cast 'integer' & param_multiply 255 & set '$fsvalue' value & set '$fscommand' 155

PS2:
You should better contact SBDJ too since he is the developer of the FS plugin

Posted Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 12:38 am
VirtualDj WiKi wrote :

If you have a macro with several commands, each commands will have the implicit parameter added.
So if you write "crossfader & loop" and map that to a slider that you move to 42%, the action sent will be "crossfader 0.42 & loop 0.42".
If you want to prevent the implicit parameter to act on some commands, you can use the keyword "value" to specify where the implicit parameter should go.
So "crossfader value & loop" will send "crossfader 0.42 & loop".
(you can have several occurence of "value" in your macro, each one will be replaced by the implicit parameter).

Posted Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 12:40 am
couldn't you set another variable and query that eg

set '$fscommand' 273 & set '$freestyler' 273

then on the led
var '$freestyler' 273 ? on : off

the '$freestyler' variable would be independent so the plugin won't reset it. I can't understand why the '$fscommand' value would change if you explicitly set it with a button just from moving a fader that was attached to the '$fsvalue'

also wouldn't you param_multiply 25,5 to reach 255 as the slider would be 0-100 if you multiply it by 255 wouldn't it become 0 -2550 ?

param_multiply 25.5 & param_cast 'integer' set '$fsvalue' value

if the slider does change the 'fscomand' couldn't you reference the $freestyler variable that you have set with the button eg.

param_cast 'integer' & param_multiply 25.5 & param_cast 'integer' & set '$fsvalue' value & var '$freestyler' 273 ? set '$fscommand' 273 : var '$freestyler' 155 ? set '$fscommand' 155 : etc...

Posted Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 2:08 am
Wow....

Way over my head.

I've already hassled sbdj quite a bit. He did the plugin over again to make it able to send more than one command from a single cue point after I messaged him. So I've been trying not to bug him too much since then.

I tried these for the master intensity:

param_multiply 255 & set '$fsvalue' value & set '$fscommand' 155 This sets the intensity to 1% no matter where the fader is moved.

param_cast 'integer' & param_multiply 255 & set '$fsvalue' value & set '$fscommand' 155 This sets the intensity @ 1% when the fader is down, and 100% when the fader is half way up. There is no in between.

The DDJSX buttons will light up and go off the right way if I only program one button. When I have four buttons programmed and press any of them, freestyler gets the right message from each button, but all the pads that have been programmed light up and turn off at the same time with each individual button press.

I don't believe that the previous message gets over written in freestyler on the next button push. If I press button one lights a,b, and c come on. When I press button 2 and it only uses lights a and c. Then b will stay on. If I want light b off I have to press button one first to toggle it off in freestyler than press button 2 to run lights a and c only.

Don't know if any of this info will help get this resolved, but hopefully there's a way to get it all to work.

Thanks for all the help

Posted Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 2:55 am
synthet1c wrote :

also wouldn't you param_multiply 25,5 to reach 255 as the slider would be 0-100 if you multiply it by 255 wouldn't it become 0 -2550 ?

param_multiply 25.5 & param_cast 'integer' set '$fsvalue' value

Basically sliders will return 0% to 100% or 0 to 1

synthet1c wrote :
I can't understand why the '$fscommand' value would change if you explicitly set it with a button just from moving a fader that was attached to the '$fsvalue'

Because you CHANGE it ;)
The '$fscommand' must be 273 to toggle the cues, but it must change to 155 to control the lights density.
The script on will use the fader's value as implicit parameter on the '$fsvalue' but it will constantly change '$fscommand' to 155

The freestyler plugin requires two separate variables to work (that's because of the freestyler itself)
The '$fscommand' which determines what type of command you send on the program, and the '$fsvalue' which is the value of the command.
Freestyler itself expects commands in a "155 100" fashion!

Posted Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 4:12 am
Jason K wrote :

param_cast 'integer' & param_multiply 255 & set '$fsvalue' value & set '$fscommand' 155 This sets the intensity @ 1% when the fader is down, and 100% when the fader is half way up. There is no in between.

My mistake. Please try:
param_cast 'float' & param_multiply 255 & set '$fsvalue' value & set '$fscommand' 155

Posted Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 4:13 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Jason K wrote :

My mistake. Please try:
param_cast 'float' & param_multiply 255 & set '$fsvalue' value & set '$fscommand' 155

Still drops to zero, but all the pads flicker as you pull it up and down. No worries. I can live without it. Would be nice if the active button would turn on and off though when i press it, so I can remember what button was being used.

Posted Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 6:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)